Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How come.....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by daz jones
    cause their a rare breed mon peeps like us are way better you get me borther.

can you rewrite that in english please? what is mon? who are peeps? please punctuate. what is a borther? don't use 'you get me' because it sounds daft.
    I'm pretty new on here, joined 2 or 3 weeks ago... and i definately notice who are the regulars and who knows who etc... but it doesnt really put me off to be honest, because you can never join something like this and instantly know everybody (if that makes sense?).

...anyway, lets see if im still here in a month or so :chin: ... i reckon i will be :D :flirt:
    Originally posted by aimz
    Me too.... but people like stargalaxy ... just keep on coming!

Aimz, I use this website regularly not because I want to annoy people, but because I am keeping a promise I made to another member. He asked me to keep him updated on my situation. For you to imply that I am always here is insulting.
    Good, and we want you here.
    Do you really? First time anyone's said that to me.
    Originally posted by stargalaxy

Yeah, you're alright when you're not attacking BBC News...

Well, actually I was talking to Welsh_princess, but I have no deep loathing for you.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well, actually I was talking to Welsh_princess, but I have no deep loathing for you.

Oh great! Bongbudda's ignoring me again!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Good, and we want you here.

Awww, thanx! :blush:

See, i dont know why other new people leave coz u all seem so nice to me! :D
    Originally posted by w3lsh_princ3ss
    See, i dont know why other new people leave coz u all seem so nice to me! :D

The reasons that people leave are quite clear. If you search around in the archives, you'll notice a number of threads have had to be closed by the moderators because they degenerated into slanging matches. The moderators have ended up banning a number of members because of this. Let's say that someone posts a thread and they get flamed. Do they want to come back and risk this happening again? First impressions matter here.
    The reasons that people leave are quite clear. If you search around in the archives, you'll notice a number of threads have had to be closed by the moderators because they degenerated into slanging matches. The moderators have ended up banning a number of members because of this. Let's say that someone posts a thread and they get flamed. Do they want to come back and risk this happening again? First impressions matter here.

Yeah you've got a good point there. i can gladly say that i havn't witnessed anything like that yet, and hopefully i never will.

and yeah you will always get the odd person who comes on here just to cause arguements etc, but thats what the moderators are for i suppose! :)
    Originally posted by w3lsh_princ3ss
    ...You will always get the odd person who comes on here just to cause arguements etc, but thats what the moderators are for i suppose!

True. Only last week, there was Mr_T causing trouble on a thread. One report to a moderator with evidence put a stop to it, though.
    Aimz, I use this website regularly not because I want to annoy people, but because I am keeping a promise I made to another member. He asked me to keep him updated on my situation. For you to imply that I am always here is insulting.

Is this thread about annoying N00bs? i thought it was about n00b's who havent left thesite yet.

i was implying you were a knob... sorry if it came across like that.
    Is this thread about annoying N00bs? i thought it was about n00b's who havent left thesite yet. i was implying you were a knob... sorry if it came across like that.

You are implying that I am a knob? :mad:
    hahahaha no not at all, why do you always assume people are down-sizing you? Danny your a nice person who wouldnt hurt a fly. stop blaming yourself please.... there is no need to blame yourself.
    hahahaha no not at all, why do you always assume people are down-sizing you? Danny your a nice person who wouldnt hurt a fly. stop blaming yourself please.... there is no need to blame yourself.

Sorry. I get angry rather quickly. I'm too sensitive. Probably explains a few things about me.
    If you noticed correctly, you'll find a lot of the flaming started around when hellfire joined. Not to cause arguments or anything like.
    More n00bs than you'd think stay.

Most just come, ask for advice, then go again. Some are regulars messing about, or hiding behind another name in order to get advice (I've done both in the past), and some are just trolls.

Those who get sucked in stay a long time. But no-one stays forever. Of those who were around when I joined, only Whowhere, JsT, GWST and Groovaybaby and Justin still post regularly. Skive and Man of Kent still post sometimes, but then they were n00bs when I was.
    Originally posted by Doofay
    If you noticed correctly, you'll find a lot of the flaming started around when hellfire joined. Not to cause arguments or anything like.

Bollocks.

You think this is bad flaming? Way back in 2001 they had to close the boards for a few days because the flaming was so vicious and so violent. The boards had degenerated into tribal warfare.
    Hey I've stuck around for 5 months and not everyone has been particularly nice to me but it's no big deal. I don't expect it now so when people are nice to me then it's a bonus :p
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Bollocks.

You think this is bad flaming? Way back in 2001 they had to close the boards for a few days because the flaming was so vicious and so violent. The boards had degenerated into tribal warfare.

In terms of the time i've been here :p
    Theres always been flaming, but since he joined its been every couple of days.

Its all good fun though i suppose :p
    In terms of the time i've been here :p
    Theres always been flaming, but since he joined its been every couple of days.

2002 join?

Your opinion means sweet all;)
    2002 join?

Your opinion means sweet all;)

Was a background idler for a good while before i joined ;)
    Was a background idler for a good while before i joined ;)

And you're still hopeless biased against Mr Boyz.

I still don't get why people won't just leave him the fuck alone- he's so much less hassle when he's ignored. Especially when there are other posters who make me so stressed, and they deserve all the abuse they get.
    Bollocks.

shit, I didnt know that :lol:
    I still don't get why people won't just leave him the fuck alone- he's so much less hassle when he's ignored.

:yes: As much as I dislike him, he doesn't deserve a lot of what he gets, and he didn't deserve the majority of what he got when he first joined either.

Also, if you leave him alone, maybe he'll go away quicker...
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    he didn't deserve the majority of what he got when he first joined either.

I'd disagree with that.

Though I said even then that if everyone had left him alone he'd have pissed off, and wouldn't have been any bother.

I get the impression that certain posters do it just to keep themselves amused.
    I get the impression that certain posters do it just to keep themselves amused.

Why else would anyone flame someone? :confused:
    I meant when he first joined, as in his first thread. Nobody had any reason to disbelieve him (although I am now in severe doubt myself as to whether the majority of what he said was true), but they did.

I didn't really pay attention to much of what he did/said when he first joined so *shrugs*