Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Today Was The Longest Day of My Life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had a routine blood test last week .. didn't thing much of it until I got told I HAVE to see the doctor.

we rung at 8:30am t book the appointment and they gave me one at almost 6pm. was imagining every possible thing I could have!!! I figured if they left me until last it much be bad news!!!

in the end just got told my Cholesterol is high and I need to change my diet and excercise (which I've recently started doing) a few months ago.

Boy was I totally scared waiting for those damn results!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That was harsh the way they left you hanging like that. But at least ya know now that it is something you can control if you change your diet, etc. Which you have set for yourself anyway. :)
    I'm sooo tired now, I didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about it...

I think in this country everyone should have a yearly physcial if not on the NHS then I know I'd be happy to pay for such a service!!
    Yeah that's true. Come to think of it the only time I had a full physical was when I first joined the TA.
    Well I started doing the research on the internet and everything points to Fish Oils being very good for lowering the kind of Cholestrol I have.

We actually have Cod Liver Tablets at home but never been taking them on a regular basis, now gonna take one with a meal each day and see how that goes.

Also need to eat more fresh fruit and Veg, which I like but we don't get much in our house on a daily basis.