Home Sex & Relationships
We are writing some music with the help of a professional band! Share some small positive stories from lockdown to contribute our song over on this thread!

Ive got no friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sitting here crying because ive got no friends. I work in an office by myself, no one else around me, at least i get to listen to music.

Ive got over 100 numbers in my mobile and upon calling at least 50 of them im either presented with people hanging up on me before its finished ringing or the phone just continues to ring and then goes to voice mail. i can understand a few people not answering but 50 of them? :'(

No one ever calls me, or emails, i dont even get texts, the only text messages i get are from companies telling me ive one lots of money and have to call an expensive number to get it.

This whole weekend ive been in my room by myself, ive got no where to go, and even if i did it'd be by myself cos i got no friends.

Its not through lack of trying, i call people and text them and write them letters but no one ever responds back, im a nice person people get on with me at work when i speak to them, but no one ever keeps in contact with me or wants to see me.

I just want to die to end this horrible lonelyness, hell i dont even have one friend to tell how im feeling thats why im writting this on a bloody forum!

:'(
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not really sure what to say, 'cept to say that you're not alone. Talking on an internet forum might seem the very epitome of pathetic, but it's a start, and it's better than nothing.

    Hang in there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I know what you mean. I had lots of friends then managed to lose them all. I'm pretty relaxed person and like time on my own, but I've just had too much time by myself!
    I can relate to you and hopefully knowing that you aren't the only person out there feeling like that, might make the pain easier.

    That said, there isn't much I or anyone else on here can do apart from listen and who knows, you may have good time on here & make some friends, and who knows what could come from that!

    It's a start at least, you may feel you're at rock bottom but now's the time to change that. This site can be what you want it to be, so spend some time here and enjoy!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's the beginning of the new term, why not go out and do an evening class, sure you'll make friends
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    It's the beginning of the new term, why not go out and do an evening class, sure you'll make friends

    :yeees:

    Never as easy as that.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    :yeees:

    Never as easy as that.

    Nope... but he's not going to make friends sitting at home and the timing is just about right to go do an evening class!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Nope... but he's not going to make friends sitting at home and the timing is just about right to go do an evening class!!

    Aye, definitely.

    the hardest thing about making friends is actually thinking that you can:(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've basically got no friends too if that's any consolation? it gets easier. I'm hoping that once they sort my sort-of school place out (:mad:) I'll meet some new people. Like Kermit says, you're not alone.

    Don't say you want to die, try to keep things in perspective. You'll be alright. Honestly. Things will work out. But if you go and die then you'll never see the day when you are happy and have loads of mates around you. It's worth waiting for.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are there no camping type of activities available for single people?
    camping comes to mind cos it gets a group of people together in a completely different environment than the usual day to day kind.
    the physical closeness is different and the shared activities and responsibilities ...the exploring and cooking ...fetching water ...sitiing round a fire with a can or three ...
    just an idea.
    feel free to shoot me if i'm out of line here.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Loneliness is the worst emotion imaginable, and i feel for you. I have lots of numbers in my phone too, and i feel like only 3 of them are friends sometimes :( the only consolation is that you are not alone, i know this doesn't help that much, but at least you can take comfort in the fact that it isn't just you.

    And there are always people here to talk to, it is not the perfect substitute for personal contact with friends, but it's a start, and by chatting on here you can gain confidence in yourself and not feel completely alone.

    :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    And there are always people here to talk to, and by chatting on here you can gain confidence in yourself
    :p
    and learn tons of stuff about people and life. beliefs opinions and feelings.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    come on nero ...you need to get in here on a regular basis ...even if it's difficult.
    it will be worth it ...in the long run ...of that i am sure.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Delete those 50, you don't need em and there's another 50 in there.

    Actually the evening class idea is not so bad, I've made some very good friends whilst studying over the years.

    Other good places to meet people are churches, sports clubs, volunteering, working behind a bar. All these I've done, not to meet new people I admit but I did make some good friends.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Evening class is a nice idea...if i had anything i wanted to lear, i dont have the time nor the energy either, after work i just wana sit down and do stuff without pressure.

    Working in a bar is not an option, i like money...even if i have no one to spend it on/with.

    I dont want people i just chat to when i see them i want proper friends who call me and care and txt me and go out places with me.

    Its not easy making friends, you cant just walk up to someone in a club and say 'wana be my friend'.

    Even having a girl like me would cheer me up, but none of them do, they just tell me how great and wonderful i am and how badly treated i am by everyone then bugger off never to be seen again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know....it isn't easy, you can't walk up to someone and ask them to be your friend, I understand.

    You have said you want people to care about you, not just people you chat with occasionally, but you are going to have to start at the acquataince stage to get to the caring bit. That's is how a lot of friendship start, you start talking, you start to go out more, you see each other a lot more, then it starts to develop. And unfortunately a lot of set backs may come along the way, which can really get you down, but you have to accept that fact.

    Do you live on your own? or with your family, do you have bros and sis?

    I personally find clubbing is a good way to meet people, especially in the chill out room, where people are just sitting around and conversations just happen, a lot of it is superficial i admit, it may just be for one night and 90% of people don't become great friends, but a few have....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Joining cadets or the TA (don't know how old you are) might be a good idea; you're working towards a common goal, and are more often in the same boat, than if you just worked behind a bar, for example. Getting wet and muddy on some army exercise often brings people together! If not that, then join a D of E scheme?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by NeoNero


    I dont want people i just chat to when i see them i want proper friends who call me and care and txt me and go out places with me.

    Its not easy making friends, you cant just walk up to someone in a club and say 'wana be my friend'.

    to be blunt ..it doesn't sound like your willing to actualy put much effort in yourself but are expecting others to do it all.
    you first go through the small talk ...the occasional drink that means nothing at all ...you help someone out ...with words or time or even money ...dare i say.
    you give people your time ...you give people ...yourself. with no expectations or rules.
    that way ...people begin to get to know you ...understand you ...discover you care about people ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't have any friends, eh? Really? I know how it feels. When I left college, I made the decision not to keep in touch with any of my friends. Since I didn't have anyone's phone number anyway, I now am truly friendless. (well, apart from the people on this website) I spent several weekends in my room alone. I hated it. I hate having nothing to do on Saturday nights. When people are out getting drunk in the pub, or dancing their shoes off down a club, I'm home crying in my room. :crying:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I'm home crying in my room. :crying:
    why?
    serious question ...why?
    are you thinking to much about yourself ...your needs and wants ...your problems.
    why life doesn't seem to deliver YOUR expectations?
    being trapped in self seriously cuts off interaction between you and the rest of the world.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    why? serious question ...why? are you thinking to much about yourself ...your needs and wants ...your problems. why life doesn't seem to deliver YOUR expectations? being trapped in self seriously cuts off interaction between you and the rest of the world.

    Good question, and it is one I cannot answer. I'd love to get out there and have some fun, but I have no friends. I've got all the social skills of a piece of wood.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    I've got all the social skills of a piece of wood.
    that made me smile mate ...lower your expectations a bit maybe?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lower my expectations? What expectations are you talking about, Morrocan Roll? I am willing to be friends with nearly anyone. Beats the crap I've got at the moment that passes for life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Lower my expectations? What expectations are you talking about, Morrocan Roll? I am willing to be friends with nearly anyone. Beats the crap I've got at the moment that passes for life.
    well i am not willing to be friends with nearly anyone ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well i am not willing to be friends with nearly anyone ...

    What in the name of Santa Claus's beard are you on about now?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    What in the name of Santa Claus's beard are you on about now?
    see ...you do have a sense of humour under al that bleakness.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, there's a sense of humour here, but that's not the point! I may be able to make people laugh, but no one ever stays around. I'm still lonely now. While I was in primary school, I was the only person who did nothing during playtime. There were three playtimes each day, every one was 30 minutes long. I hated it and still feel miserable to this day.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Yes, there's a sense of humour here, but that's not the point! I may be able to make people laugh, but no one ever stays around. I'm still lonely now. While I was in primary school, I was the only person who did nothing during playtime. There were three playtimes each day, every one was 30 minutes long. I hated it and still feel miserable to this day.
    somehow you are failing to interact. even as a small child you were failing to interact.
    is there a chance that your social skills are lacking?
    is there a chance that your expecting to much from others?
    expecting certain behaviour toward you that isn't necessarily due?
    all the other kids seem to have been interacting with each other ...they wouldn't knowingly decide to leave you out enmasse.
    maybe you are the one who is opting out becuase nothing and nobody meet YOUR expectations?
    enlighten me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Ive got no friends
    Originally posted by NeoNero
    Im sitting here crying because ive got no friends. I work in an office by myself, no one else around me, at least i get to listen to music.

    Ive got over 100 numbers in my mobile and upon calling at least 50 of them im either presented with people hanging up on me before its finished ringing or the phone just continues to ring and then goes to voice mail. i can understand a few people not answering but 50 of them? :'(

    No one ever calls me, or emails, i dont even get texts, the only text messages i get are from companies telling me ive one lots of money and have to call an expensive number to get it.

    This whole weekend ive been in my room by myself, ive got no where to go, and even if i did it'd be by myself cos i got no friends.

    Its not through lack of trying, i call people and text them and write them letters but no one ever responds back, im a nice person people get on with me at work when i speak to them, but no one ever keeps in contact with me or wants to see me.

    I just want to die to end this horrible lonelyness, hell i dont even have one friend to tell how im feeling thats why im writting this on a bloody forum!

    :'(

    Help comes to those who HELP THEMSELVES!!! :yes:

    Quit whining and go out and meet people!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Ive got no friends
    Originally posted by pm1911
    Help comes to those who HELP THEMSELVES!!! :yes:

    Quit whining and go out and meet people!
    ridiculous cruel and insesative.
    oh and dumb.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Ive got no friends
    Originally posted by pm1911
    Help comes to those who HELP THEMSELVES!!! :yes:

    Quit whining and go out and meet people!

    Oh yes hang on, let me walk up to the first stranger i meet and start talking to them, im sure they wont mind me just doing that and will become my good friend.

    *slaps cheak* if only i realised sooner how easy it is.

    People say friendship is a two way thing, funny that, im always the one that calls people i know, they never call me, guess they dont really wana be my friend...when they do at least answer the phone. Its not like i dont put in the effort, i put in lots, but no one ever puts in anything positive my way :'(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you to the moderators for banning that pm1911 lunatic. His views were backwards and offensive. The moderators have done us a favour by removing him. Anyway, back to the thread in question. I'd love to meet some people, make some friends.
Sign In or Register to comment.