Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Working at TopShop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Doeas anyone know what it's like working at Topshop, Like how much the pay is or how the atmosphere is. I'm hoping to get a part time job at the oxford circus branch and I would like some info.:)

Comments

• Options
    You could try PMing Badabing - she's worked in Topshop for a while and has just got a managerial job there!
  • Options
    working for topshop is ok, i used to work for them.
    in the end i left because of the assistant manager, but im not going to slate the company, cos i worked with some great girls, and had a good laugh. :)

nice shop, hard work, but i much prefer working in another shop (which will remain unknown) as i earn comission, on top of my wages,:p
  • Options
  • Options
    :( Me and my sis got and interview for topshop the other day, she got the job and I didn't.
  • Options
  • Options
    Topshop are part of Arcadia group. I used to work in Miss Selfridge and to be honest they are run very similar, when I worked there we had these books to work through which could halp you work your way up through the company and shows you the many aspects of retail. The books came in levels, and as you completed the levels you would get a pay rise.

There used to be little bonus incentives in our branch like who could open the most accounts etc.

I enjoyed it when I worked there part time and I made some wicked mates. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tigger1234
    :( Me and my sis got and interview for topshop the other day, she got the job and I didn't.

Aww shit mon. That happened to me when me and my mate applied for a job in River Island.
  • Options
    I worked for River Island for 3 years, and I've just started my new job at Habitat...it's *so* different but I am enjoying it, wanna sell some furniture though!
  • Options
    Topshop is a good company to work for, all the Arcadia stores are. As Brummy Bird said, you get bonuses for reaching targets, completing your training books, at Christmas etc. It;s also a good place to make a career. You move up if you work hard and could eventually get a managerial position, like badabing.

You also get a spanky 25% discount, and 75% during uniform allowance time.

Don't be a knob like me and leave to go on holidays and "study".
  • Options
    Re: Working at TopShop
    Originally posted by Tigger1234
    Doeas anyone know what it's like working at Topshop, Like how much the pay is or how the atmosphere is. I'm hoping to get a part time job at the oxford circus branch and I would like some info.:)

That's gotta be the stressiest place to work ever. But it could be great due to the discount and stuff :)

Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm sure it would always depend on the people you be working with as well. Which will vary on every shop/company.

But yes, discount always helps.
    *Wonders* You know the way you already get 15% discount off for students. Would that still count while you work there with your staff discount?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    You also get a spanky 25% discount, and 75% during uniform allowance time.

Which is all well and good, except that it is based on a store card.

Unless you're careful that 25% goes bye-bye.
  • Options
    Huh? Store card? I never heard of that...