Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

arnoldeggandbaconburger is on my case now!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have lost.
i can't fight a guy like arnoldeggandbaconburger now can i!
todays observer ...arnold has declared war on 4x4's.
france doing the same.
i've lost.
if i buy one now ...i'm suddenly going to find thaqt the road tax is five hundred quid a year and rising.
i've lost.
so ...i'm looking at buying an old tractor and a boring old pick up truck!
i've lost.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    forgive me if I am wrong but was it the Lib Dems who want to band them?
    it's a disease thats spreading ...everyone wants to ban them now!
    For good reason MR, for good reason...
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    For good reason MR, for good reason...
    i hold my hands up mate ...but don't tell that bloody fried85 woman for gods sake!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i hold my hands up mate ...

You have surrendered to the prejudice of biggots?:eek:

Somehow... I expected better from you. :(

No sarcasm, here. I mourn the loss of your right of individual choice. Freedom must be in a seriously tenuous state of retreat, there... :(
    Does seem strange Arnie coming out against SUVs when he owns about five Humvees. In fact I'm sure he was one of the first to own them, pretty soon after Desert Strom.
    Originally posted by Globe
    You have surrendered to the prejudice of biggots?:eek:

Somehow... I expected better from you. :(

:(
    hey long time no see!
    i have indeed surrended mate ...simply cos of cost.
    we have to pay road tax here ...stick a little disc on your windscreen to prove you paid ...there going to tax them off the road by upping it for four wheel drives ...bastrds.
    i aint one to throw money away ...
    i hold my hands up mate ...but don't tell that bloody fried85 woman for gods sake!

Aha! I see you!
    hey long time no see!
    i have indeed surrended mate ...simply cos of cost.

My condolences.

Terrible thing to have one's life constrained by the tyranny of the self-possessed, who feel they have the cure for EVERYONE else, whether it is "needed" or not. How many of those rights of self determination become truncated before one realizes that their "freedom" is naught but a delusion? :(

Feel the need? Visit my AO, and you may 4-wheel to your heart's content. And the invitation is valid... :)
    My condolences.

Terrible thing to have one's life constrained by the tyranny of the self-possessed, who feel they have the cure for EVERYONE else, whether it is "needed" or not. How many of those rights of self determination become truncated before one realizes that their "freedom" is naught but a delusion? :(

Feel the need? Visit my AO, and you may 4-wheel to your heart's content. And the invitation is valid... :)
    i fear freedom is going to become some qauint old memory.
    i fear the powers that be will convince us thats it is in our best interests to give up on freedom.
    globe ...you ever been to england?
    good place...very free but ...more and more rules and laws coming in everyday. can't do this daren't do that ...and people are applauding!
    you'd have a fucking dicky fit mate walking around any british city nowadays. this country has more survielance cameras than any other place on earth. there watching the roads ...the walkways ...the shops ...your street and my street. not even secretly but with big fuck off cameras in full view!
    when i was a kid ...this only happened as the worst case scenario in science fiction novels.
    can't hunt with dogs anymore ...not cos a species is endangered or anything ...which i would gladly go along with ...won't be able to fish before long now the idiots have won that one.
    can't lean on a lamp post and have a fag ...passerby might not like the smell.
    i'll be alocated one shit a day before long cos it's bad for the environment having any more. five quid tax slapped on the digital toilet thats also anaylized my piss and sent a report to headqaurters about how much alcohol i've drunk lately ...i kid you not ...the japs have just put such a bog on the market.
    freedom ...bye bye freedom ...was great knowing you but ...your to cruel and dangerous for us 21st century people ...
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Aha! I see you!
    see what i mean globe ...everyones fucking watching!
    Do you believe Thanatos, like that neo-con pin up stick insect Ann Coulter does, that the earth and its resources were created by God exclusively for human use and disposal, and that as such we should have no concerns about the environement of the planet or animal welfare?

Serious question. I was just wondering if you believe people should have the "freedom" to do anything they damn please even when their actions are extremely damaging.
    i fear freedom is going to become some qauint old memory.
    i fear the powers that be will convince us thats it is in our best interests to give up on freedom.
    globe ...you ever been to england?
    good place...very free but ...more and more rules and laws coming in everyday. can't do this daren't do that ...and people are applauding! ...

Ever been to Oregon?

Serious invite... come to the Northwestern United States, and experience life w/o those constraints.

Who knows? After spending a day 4-wheeling out in the wilderness, you might even find yourself enjoying those "evil" firearms that the exact same self-possessed have deemed a similar menace to society as concerning the 4wd vehicles... ;)

:cool:

{edit} Btw > you may refer to me as "Thanatos" if you like... that is how I originally registered and posted here, many years ago. Not like I have attempted to "keep the secret". ;)
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Do you believe Thanatos ... that the earth and its resources were created by God exclusively for human use and disposal, and that as such we should have no concerns about the environement of the planet or animal welfare?

Not everyone believes that the world should be returned to the tenth century.

You, however? Apparently would prefer that state of darkness...
    No. I would prefer if gas-guzzling, dangerous, over-polluting, inadequate 4 x 4s are taxed accordingly and banned from city centres.

That is progress and civilisation.
    oh dear oh dear ...
    i'd rather have a botlle in front of me than frontal labotomy ...
    i can see me finishing this botlle of whisky tonight.
    oh dear oh dear ...

i can see me finishing this botlle of whisky tonight.

MoK tells me that Chivas Royale Salute is MUCH less expensive there, than it is, here. Simply uncorking the decanter and taking a "nose hit" is frequently sufficient.

Would recommend it to you, always! toasting.gif
    Not everyone believes that the world should be returned to the tenth century.

You, however? Apparently would prefer that state of darkness...

I'd prefer it if you idiots would wake up and realise that one day you'll run out of petrol.
    You'll think "wonder who we can steal it off now".
    And all the time you're wasting even more petrol looking for people to fight.
    In the mean time the civilised nations of the world will be developing and using renewable sources of energy, looking at you and laughing.
    I think it's obscene that the richest nation on Earth is only willing to supply HALF A PERCENT of it's energy requirements from renewable sources.
    That it's population think 8 miles to the gallon is efficient and that global warming and the destruction of the planet are something for your kids to worry about, because let's face it. You're all having too much fun playing soldier in the dirt with guns and cars that are completely unnecessary.

You're like fucking children.
    Globe, what has the reaction been to Schwarzeneggar's proposal in the U.S? Its not something I would have expected from a Republican governor, to be honest.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has but I can guarantee that our politicians will be watching this closely and following suit, just like the smoking ban in bars.
    bump
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Does seem strange Arnie coming out against SUVs when he owns about five Humvees. In fact I'm sure he was one of the first to own them, pretty soon after Desert Strom.
    I read today that he's planning on banning smoking in Californian jails, despite being a cigar smoker himself.

(Disclaimer: I read it in a colleague's Daily Sport, so there's no guarantee its true.)
    after three weeks of searching for a bargain ...i got one today.
    i have just arrived home in ...a vauxhall frontera 4x4 with a 2.3 diesel engine.
    imaculate condition in and out.
    had to drive home about 50miles ...excellent drive. brand new cd player ...alloy wheels ...
    no longer or wider than an estate cat ...and only a 2.3 dielsel engine ...come on ...someone tell me that i'm wrong to be driving this vehicle compared with posh gas guzzlers out there that get none of this negative attention.
    i'll post a pic tommorow.
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Globe, what has the reaction been to Schwarzeneggar's proposal in the U.S?

Ignored? :confused:

:rolleyes: