Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Make up

At college the other day I had to go in with out make up cos I have a sty on my eye and didnt want to agrevate it. Thing is I had almost all my class tell me I looked really ill. I wasnt ill, I just wasnt wearing make up.
I dont wear that much make up as it is, just good quality stuff, mainly chanel.
Does anyone else get this? Looking ill with out make up I mean.
Also i'm having problems with mascara, when ever i wear it with in about 2 hours its smudged even with out my touching my eyes.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep ive had that once but then other times been told i look lovely...hmm! As for mascara, try a different one? I heart loreal's panoramic curl at the mo(no it doesnt give you lashes visible from space like on the ad lol) or maybe a smudge proof one?
  • Options
    Re: Make up

i get the exact same thing. i don't wear much make-up - takes me about 5 minutes to do, but i do wear it every day.

my colouring is olive-toned, but can get really pale, and it has a yellow tint sometimes anyway cause my liver's a bit funky. and i have dark shadows under my eyes. they're genetic, just part of my colouring, and there's nothing at all will shift them.

so without make up i look pale yellowish, sickly, and like i haven't slept for several weeks.

it's amazing what a touch of concealer and some cream blusher can do.

edit: oh, and try waterproof mascara to avoid the smudge - i :heart: maybelline great lash waterproof.
  • Options
    I get the same. Im an olive colour also, and i dont wear much make up, but when i dont wear it, i can get very pale and i look really ill. Sometimes im ok, it just depends on how my body feels on the day.
  • Options
    I think it's connected to how people usually see you.

When I wear make-up on usual week-day it's usually just mascara. And Eight-hour cream on the lips. Therefore people don't notice a difference when I don't wear it, as it is so subtle and only manages to emphasise my lashes and lips, rather than "cover up".

For parties I wear eyeshadow and a colored lipgloss, but that's it really.

I have olive skin too, but I just think that people are used to see me pale, and would therefore not think that I am sick when I come as I usually am.