Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Salvia (yes, again)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so after 0% success rate in trying to obtain DMT for my experimental phase, i have decided to turn to good old salvia for apparently the second highest rated trip you can get.

I have heard that unlike DMT the experience can be very unpleasant but yet like a fool i still want to go ahead. I want to be able to take my brain to the extremes even if i do brick it in the process.

This is pretty much the last thing on my list...and before i get slated i havent touched any drugs since march.

soo anyone got any tips, advice i should know before i go ahead, possibly personal experiences

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Re: Salvia (yes, again)
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    soo anyone got any tips, advice i should know before i go ahead, possibly personal experiences

You could try looking at Erowid, their Salvia vault is quite extensive.
    I want to be able to take my brain to the extremes even if i do brick it in the process.
    Obviously we would prefer that didn't happen, its good that you are trying to find out as much as possible before you go ahead. Be careful!
  • Options
    Its not really a one or the other choice. I dont think they are comparable in effect.

Salvia is far more introspective and dissasociative than DMT.
  • Options
    Salvia's a wierd one.

I've tried it a good few times but i've never had a full on trip that i've heard that some people get, that's why i wanted to try it, to get that total wierd dissociative effect..but i never got it.I felt kind of wierd the first few times but nothing speical. Took it over in London then a good while later after a night of drinking and smoking skunk and it kind of freaked me out for a moment, i was sitting there and my friend was sitting beiside me, we were both smoking at it at the time in the middle of this park somewhere..i just started moving away from him for no apparent reason..then stood up and walked around in circles for a couple of seconds but which seemed like forever, then i just sat down and didn't say anything, i wasn't thinking anything in my mind, it was like the saliva took over for me for that moment of madness.

Have fun with it, i don't see the point in all this shite of a sitter, to me it's just someone there who wouldn't be on the drug...but would just add to the wierdness surrounding this legal herbal drug Salvia.

Also i'd advise you to search on this board for stuff on salvia, there's been alot said about it, some really good posts.
  • Options
    Re: Salvia (yes, again)
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    so after 0% success rate in trying to obtain DMT for my experimental phase, i have decided to turn to good old salvia for apparently the second highest rated trip you can get.

I have heard that unlike DMT the experience can be very unpleasant but yet like a fool i still want to go ahead. I want to be able to take my brain to the extremes even if i do brick it in the process.

This is pretty much the last thing on my list...and before i get slated i havent touched any drugs since march.

Well, i suppose it's worth doing just for the novelty value. Not done DMT, but from what i know salvia doesnt really compare. Basically you'll lose total grip of reality for maybe a minute, maybe less...takes a while to get back to normal after the initial intensity. Tripped off it twice, first i thought i was sitting on a horse holding a sword, second i was seeing the news presenter on the tele talking to me. Amusing but shit, to be honest.
  • Options
    I'll only smoke that stuff again if it's offered to me for free, i wouldn't waste my money on it.
  • Options
    ive heard people have not really got much out of it....im think its because people try and smoke it in a spliff but really you need to burn it at high tempertatures to release the active compound. I think i'll have to use a jet flame type lighter and a bong....anyways the idea is on the backburner for now but i'll post my experience if i get one
  • Options
    It can be a very very frightening drug. Be careful dosing and always have a sitter with you.
  • Options
    I've smoked it in bongs and pipes and in a spliff, it was utterly pointless in a spliff..seriously.
    I never used one of those flameless lighters but next time if i get some salvia i'll use it. I did however have one wierd experience that night on it in London.
  • Options
    I tried it and it did fuck all for me….. and i tried it in a spliff and in a bong both shit
  • Options
    A lot of people find that. To be honest I think there is a lot of 'salvia' which is just bunk. Either its not salvia at all or its been kept/grown badly. Its not like many customers will complain so whats the problem.

Seems strange though because its not a hard plant to grow and the active chemical is pretty stable. So even if you store it relatively badly it shouldnt be totally inactive.

Many users dont hold it in for long enough either, it needs to be held for a long time to gain the most effect. This would suggest that its not all that good at crossing the blood barrier and you have to force the body to do it.
  • Options
    The time i actually did get a strong effect off it, i held it in till i couldn't breath anymore, no smoke came out of my mouth.