Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Acid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never tried acid before but i think i'll be trying it within the forseeable future sometime..anyway on to the point. I'm thinking of for the first time to take 2 tabs instead of one, as i heard from some people they aren't the strongest blotter going about, if you take 2 at once the first time it would be an experience to remember your first time, i'm wondering what does anyone think of it, or would it just be advisable for me to eat one the first time as i wouldn't be used to the drug..anyway whatever happens happens.
I'll probably end up eating one and just see how its like at first. Anyone done any acid recently?

Comments

• Options
    Dont expect fireworks...acid is very subtle and you might notice some things are slightly different and colours are brighter, music will have a distinct reverb and things will generally twinge.

But yeh 2 wont send u doolally, taking double dose of acid is not as noticible as say taking 2 E's

Let us know how u get on
  • Options
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    Dont expect fireworks...acid is very subtle and you might notice some things are slightly different and colours are brighter, music will have a distinct reverb and things will generally twinge.

On the whole I'll agree with what you've said here but in the past I have had tabs (Yellow Submarines) which I've double dropped thinking it would be on par with previous trips on the same amount of tabs but these must have been a massive dose because when I came up I was absolutely twisted - could hardly string a sentence together through all the manic laughter.

It all depends on what's going around, obviously if they're relatively weak tabs you shouldn't havea problem taking two, speak to people you know have had them and ask their thoughts on them - you wouldn't want to have your first time ruined by the trip being to intenseand surreal. :p

That said when I first tried acid, I dropped two tabs and while at times it felt like it was a little bit too strong and I was losing control on the whole I loved the experience, especially wandering aimlessly in the open country - one of the best nights of my life, easily. Just play it by ear and you'll be fine
  • Options
    How longs a peice of string? How many 'pills' or 'tabs' or whatever to take is a completely impossible question.

It completely depends on the dose, yes most tabs are somewhat weak, but not all.
  • Options

But yeh 2 wont send u doolally, taking double dose of acid is not as noticible as say taking 2 E's

Let us know how u get on

You're getting some fucking weak shitty acid then! A proper acid trip will totally blow your mind, dissolve your ego and send you to a wibbly wobbly mental psychedelic world!
  • Options
    TheSite's LSD factsheet

There's also some info on bad trips in this article.
  • Options
    You have taken the role of Susie!
  • Options
    dude i dont think its wise to double drop your first time.

In fact id say its a stupid idea. Verging on the insane.

Acid is a serious drug dude, its nothing like doing a couple of bongs.

Your first time you'll feel it big time i reckon.
    When i did acid for the first time i did HALF a white lightning and was up for about 8 hours!! each to their own and all that...

The phrase "walk before you can run" applies here methinks!

if you do 2 first time and your not in the right mindset youll have a nightmare....

take it easy and enjoy it, you dont need to be totally screwed to have a good time with acid. Personally, i prefer the lighter side of it, the giggling, feeling as if your walking on air etc etc.
    If you want a shitload of visuals then you might want more
  • Options
    I'll just take it as it comes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    You have taken the role of Susie!

My work here is already done then tonight, hurrah!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I had a great time on it there at the weekend, thought about alot of things and saw wierd shapes and lines, i'd say 2 doses at once would be alot more intense, a proper 'trip' like people describe the heaven and hell type way, crazy visuals and total ego loss feeling, well maybe even 3 for that, i don't really know.

bongbudda; what were you saying about taking mdma a while throughout the acid trip or even towards the end was it?that you can relate to your trip better when your on the ecstacy or something.
  • Options
    My mates always talking about using pills whilst on acid. But he said you'd have to drop quite a few pills, as coming down on pills whilst tripping isn't pleasant (apparently). Don't know how true it is though. Anyone tried it?
  • Options
    Or drop 1 pill 4 hours or so into the trip then smoke some weed a few hours later after you comedown from both and go to sleep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Or drop 1 pill 4 hours or so into the trip then smoke some weed a few hours later after you comedown from both and go to sleep.
    i used to take speed once i knew the acid was wearing off ...straight back up again for a couple of hours!
    is it safe ...not a clue.
  • Options
    First of all I am not recomending that you use the two together. As with mixing any drugs you really should be very at ease with both before you try them together. AND, it does increase risks.

However, having said that I have read reports suggesting that if you are using LSD or mushies as a learning tool then it can be useful to use MDMA near the end of the trip. This helps you verbalise and formulate the ideas and thoughts you have had.

If I were going to do it I would take about 120mg MDMA about 4 hours into the LSD experience. BUT, the comedown from these two mixed together can be very grim.

Do NOT just wack down a fist full of beans with acid, it will do you no good at all and you will feel very rough on the comedown.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Errrr...acid is the very opposite of subtle. Not exactly for the novice, put it that way. Potential head-fuck with every tab.

As it has been said before, drugs affect people in different ways. Your experience may not be the same as someone elses experience.

And what Bong said above - mixing drugs is much worse for you than taking them on their own.
  • Options
    Yeah, but subtle is pretty much the antithesis of what LSD is about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Yeah, but subtle is pretty much the antithesis of what LSD is about.
    not he crap thats obviously around these days ...theres no WOW factor at all!
  • Options

Are you mental already or have you only ever taken weak acid?
    Be sure youre in the right frame of mind if youre going to take acid, especially two tabs. What youve just described (Londonboy) doesnt sound like a high dose. It sounds pleasant actually, but my experience of acid is more intense than that apart from once when I had half a tab.
    Maybe im just more susceptible?
  • Options
    I'd say it was just a weaker dose of LSD. 2 would be better i think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    that view is pretty weak ...thousands ...millions of people in the western world were dosed with lsd ...the ammount of religous retreats paintings books musical amazements that came from it were staggering.
    lsd is a powerful experience ...like fucking hell wow! where you have to go out and tell everyone ...where you believe every single person in the world should experience it at least once ...people become disciples of the psycadelic ...not these days ...these days it's ...maybe i'll double drop next time.
    and don't give me the usual bullshit ...todays acid is very weak and ...did you know that some acid is actualy magic mushy distilation on to blotters?
    welsh mushies command good money in the dam ...most are turned into tabs and blotters of ...lsd ...lsd my arse.
  • Options
    well its got to be ten years since I had acid, so maybe it was a lot stronger then? You wouldnt think it would change that much in that amount of time though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    did you know that some acid is actualy magic mushy distilation on to blotters?
    welsh mushies command good money in the dam ...most are turned into tabs and blotters of ...lsd ...lsd my arse.
    Wow, cant they just sell them as mushies??? mind you, acids a lot easier to transport.
  • Options
    Wow, cant they just sell them as mushies??? mind you, acids a lot easier to transport.
    and ...selling it as acid ...makes it moere intersesting ...but turns out not to be.
  • Options
    and ...selling it as acid ...makes it moere intersesting ...but turns out not to be.

I hope you're not suggesting that all of todays acid is like this because believe me I've tried both quite a few times and you can just tell straight away - from the moment you come up there's obvious differences in the trips and thought processes.

And like has been mentioned before in threads, 'cos of the tiny doses there's nothing to actually mix it with so this 'WOW' factor is just a higher dose. Sure the tabs are probably weaker now compared to the 60's and that's just a generalisation, there's still a lot of acid in circulation, you get 'fuck me' tabs, just as much as you get weaker tabs; same as pills or anything

It's not as if that 'WOW' factor has just magically disappeared over a couple of decades. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I hope you're not suggesting that all of todays acid is like this because believe me I've tried both quite a few times and you can just tell straight away - from the moment you come up there's obvious differences in the trips and thought processes.

And like has been mentioned before in threads, 'cos of the tiny doses there's nothing to actually mix it with so this 'WOW' factor is just a higher dose. Sure the tabs are probably weaker now compared to the 60's and that's just a generalisation, there's still a lot of acid in circulation, you get 'fuck me' tabs, just as much as you get weaker tabs; same as pills or anything

It's not as if that 'WOW' factor has just magically disappeared over a couple of decades. :p
    good.
  • Options
    did you know that some acid is actualy magic mushy distilation on to blotters?

I doubt it. The dosage needed for psilocybin is far more than that for LSD (by an order of 10,000 or so) and probably wouldn't fit on a blotter. But I'm willing to be corrected if you have any evidence.
  • Options
    The only thing I've ever heard being passed off as LSD in tab form is 5-meo-amt. This is because it has an active dose of about 3-5mg.

There are very very few drugs which are orally active in such small doses.

I've just had a look at the active dose ranges and it probably could be done with Psilocybin, but I've never heard of it.
  • Options
    Are you mental already or have you only ever taken weak acid?
    Be sure youre in the right frame of mind if youre going to take acid, especially two tabs. What youve just described (Londonboy) doesnt sound like a high dose. It sounds pleasant actually, but my experience of acid is more intense than that apart from once when I had half a tab.

Ok. So after taking about 40-50 tabs and microdots i would say ive had a fair few amount from different sources. What im saying is that acid is not how people describe it as being full blown viuals or being chased by demons etc.
    With acid you have to be in the right frame of mind and acid is a drug you can play with. Like the expression i like to play with sydney and sydney is my best friend its a drug that if used properly can be exhilerating but if your not used to how acid works your brain then your unlikely to get anything special.

In Shoguns case it was going to be his first time hence the reason i said dont expect fireworks, especially when people have such bad misinterpretations of it. I guarantee shgun would have had more visuals from half a bag of mushies than first time acid.

Anyway ACID is FUN either way...nothing beats taking acid becoming a robot and dancing to breakbeat.
  • Options
    You're either getting very weak acid or you have an exceptionally high natural tolerance. While LSD doesn't often give true hallucinations, it is far from a subtle experience and is far more of a headfuck that MDMA.