Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pill + Periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im still thinking about goin on the pill! I have had a look at some leaflets and it says you take it for 21 days and have a 7 day break while you ave yor period. You dont bleed for the whole 7 days do you:eek: Soz, I feel like a right thicko!:banghead: :blush:

Comments

• Options
    It takes a few days for your body to realise there is not pill anymore so no i don't bleed for 7 days anyway.
  • Options
    Are you following me from post to post;) :p

Thanks Tweety, I thought it might be abit silly if you bleed for like 7 days!:eek:

Also, one more q:) If you get pregers on pill, do/can you still bleed?! Is your period like an artificial (sp) one, if you get me?!?:confused:

Thnaks!:)
  • Options
    Heh yes i am stalking you :p. hehe not really.

It is possible to still bleed if you got pregnant on the pill yes. Most people get symptoms of being pregnant though so don't worry.
    Jsut make sure you take it all the time & you should be fine.
  • Options
  • Options
    8GONE*
  • Options
    I have been on the pill for over a year but i am still suprised when every period i only bleed for 3 days, and during them 3 days we are not even talking great amounts of blood, when i say suprise it is always a pleasant one mind.
    But saying that my periods before i went on the pill only used to last about 5-6 days max so it might depend on your own cycle on how much you bleed and how long for anyway.
    If i take my last pill on a monday night I can time it down to almost the hour on the friday morning when i will come on, which saves a lot of hassel.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Your periods should be lighter than usual on the pill coz it's not actually a real period of the kind you normally have during the natural menstrual cycle, it's only withdrawal bleeding from not taking the pill for a few days.

You may even have a break from the pill and find you don't bleed at all or only have spotting. Depends from person to person really, but if anything unusual goes on like you never have periods on your 7-day break, you bleed in between breaks and/or notice a change in your discharge then see your GP.