Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is there a link

I was just wondering if theres a link between drug use and eating disorders.
Its just I'm doing an assignment on ED's and want to pad it out as much as I can.

ETA: ooh! I just thought about diet pill abuse. Where can I find information on that?
I know theres a site all about drugs but I cant think of the name, all that comes into my head is edamworld and emwad. I know it begins with an E at least.

Thanks.:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    That would be Erowid :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    TheSite has a page here on eating disorders, and the Eating Disorders Association would be a good place to check out.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doesnt the starvation produce chemicals in the brain which are addictive? I know very little about eating disorders.

I know however that the obsessive compulsive feelings/actions that come with amphetamine use can closely mimic anerexia.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Doesnt the starvation produce chemicals in the brain which are addictive? I know very little about eating disorders.

I know however that the obsessive compulsive feelings/actions that come with amphetamine use can closely mimic anerexia.

Bong, thats some really useful information you have there. Is it possible for you to go further into that or point me in the direction of where I can find out more on that.
  • Options
    With the amphetamines, well erowid.org will be able to help you a bit. Plus www.bluelight.nu might well have a good FAQ about it.

As for the addictive nature of not eating, hmm, it was on the Archers of all places, check www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/thearchers or maybe its just /archers they will have some info their. One of their charactors is not eating.