Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Always wear your seatbelt....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.....because it WILL save your life!
Im sure you all know this, but i want to stress how important it is!!!
Last week i was in a car accident, and if it wasnt for my seatbelt i would have almost certaintly been dead! I just wanted to post this to stress to people how important this is!
It should be the first thing you do when you get in a car - passenger or driver! I know for some people with back or shoulder problems it can be uncomfortable, but its either that or injuries!
<nagging over>
pls stay safe everyone!
SBG

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Someone else made the exact same (practically) thread some time ago...
    Glad you're OK. I hope no one else got hurt,
  • Options
    If someone is stupid enough not to wear a seatbelt then they deserve to die.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

sorry, i didnt realise! No one else was involved thankfully, thanx!
    Oh, and Renzokuken, i agree! harsh, but true :yes:
    SBG
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

Sorry, too harsh for me, although I understand what you mean. My cousin's boyfriend was killed in a car accident many years ago, and from what I understood he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He was dumb for not wearing it, but a beautiful person like him...well, no one deserves it regardless. He usually wore a seatbelt, forgot this one time and paid with his life. :(
  • Options
    I always wear a seatbelt, even if people take the piss. It's better to have the piss taken than to be arse over tit in a ditch after being hurled through the front windscreen...
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I always wear a seatbelt, even if people take the piss. It's better to have the piss taken than to be arse over tit in a ditch after being hurled through the front windscreen...

Good for you! any morons who take the piss are just gonna probably end up killed, like u say. People like that really annoy me :mad:
    Malt, sorry about your cousin's b.f
    SBG
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My dad should consider himself extremely lucky, and he probably does. A few years ago the car he was in crashed (he wasn't driving) while he was talking on the phone with no seatbelt. He just had some broken bones and a scar on the forehead. He always wears the belt since then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    Sorry, too harsh for me, although I understand what you mean. My cousin's boyfriend was killed in a car accident many years ago, and from what I understood he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He was dumb for not wearing it, but a beautiful person like him...well, no one deserves it regardless. He usually wore a seatbelt, forgot this one time and paid with his life. :(

Same here .. friend of my sister crashed into a tree with no seatbelt .. he died too ... no doubt the seatbelt would have saved his life!

I pass the very same tree maybe 4 times a week and also think about him even though I never met the guy
  • Options
    always make sure you leave the house wearing clean underwear.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor

yep it was me :P

if it wasnt for the fact i was wearing a seat belt that night i wouldnt be here now, they do save lives so everyone make sure you wear them
  • Options
    Glad your ok and didn't get seriously injured or worse killed. I always wear my seatbelt, whatever car i'm in.
  • Options
    oh the obviousness of it all...

what else are seatbelts there for?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

thats a bit f**king harsh isnt it? there are very few people in this world that 'deserve to die' and it never happens to the ones that truly deserve it, only the ones that dont.

sorry if i wondered off topic but people that say stupid things like that make me sick.:mad:

neway, yeh i completely agree with the wearing of seatbelts, i always do and so do all my mates. iv never seen any shame in it:confused:

be safe people :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb
    thats a bit f**king harsh isnt it? there are very few people in this world that 'deserve to die' and it never happens to the ones that truly deserve it, only the ones that dont.

sorry if i wondered off topic but people that say stupid things like that make me sick.:mad:

It isn't literal, so take a chill pill and relax.

The sentiment is quite valid though- if you are killed by not wearing a seatbelt, really you are another nomination for the Darwin Awards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb
    thats a bit f**king harsh isnt it?

Nope.
  • Options
    My mum always forgets to put her belt on. I always have a right go at her. She says that it hurts her neck and kinda chokes her when she reverces out the drive way then forgets to put it on.
    Does anyone know where I can find a seatbelt thingy to stop it happening?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    My mum always forgets to put her belt on. I always have a right go at her. She says that it hurts her neck and kinda chokes her when she reverces out the drive way then forgets to put it on.

How old is your car? Most modern cars have seatbelt height adjusters, so quite short or quite tall people aren't choked by the damn things. The also have a warning light on the dash to make you put it on, too.

Other than that, it's a case of making her get into the habit of doing it. It's a habit that older drivers find hard, because seatbelts have only been complsory since the mid-1980s, but once they're in the habit they stay in it.
  • Options
    I always wear a seatbelt, I really can't drive if I'm not wearing it!!! It is an automatic move, like you start the engine & wear the seatbelt!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

i think its called a 'klunk-kilp' but my dad had them when i was about 6, so ages ago then! try somewhere like halfords - if they dont sell them they should be able to point you in the right direction
    SBG