Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

edinburgh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so lil old me is moving to edinburgh next week and was jsut wondering (A) where the best places to go ar and (B) whereabouts is a good place to look for work as in jsut any old job really

should of really swapped A with B as i''ll need miney to go out first

anyways any replies appreciated

Rossco

Comments

• Options
    Don't go and meet Kiezo; he'll just leave you standing at the train-station in the rain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Don't go and meet Kiezo; he'll just leave you standing at the train-station in the rain.

Plus he's from Glasgow :razz:

Fuck knows about places to work, i'm just a lousy, lazy student. But go to Opium in the Cowgate, kickass bar/club. Umm....what kinda places to go to are you looking for?
  • Options
    ok note to self dont meet kiezo
  • Options
    not sure really i aint been out clubing properly but any where with decent dance music not yer cheesy pish will suit me fine
  • Options
    Originally posted by rossco
    not sure really i aint been out clubing properly but any where with decent dance music not yer cheesy pish will suit me fine

Well, Opiums more a rock club, but anyhoo...

Try Espionage, theres five flours each with different types of music. DO NOT go to Revolution, chessiest, neddiest place ever from what i'm told. Try Subway on Lothian Road, theres City, but not sure where that is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne

You're all the same to me. [/Morpheus]

;p
  • Options
    yeah had the misfortune of going o revolution TWICE wen been down to see mates there was a few under 18s at the timne and werent gettin in to places so we ended up there coz any can get in there
  • Options
    Cowgate

well now im just up the road from there....sorta..... um yeh
  • Options

Fuck knows about places to work, i'm just a lousy, lazy student. But go to Opium in the Cowgate, kickass bar/club. Umm....what kinda places to go to are you looking for?

Don't go to Opium if you like dancey stuff..tis all rocky and dark.
    Definitely don't go to Revolution and I think subway can be a bit dodgy as well. Espionage is alright...if you're drunk already...drinks are extortionate. What sort of work are you wanting to do?
  • Options
    anything really as long as it dont involve working with arses eg barwork i quite like a quiet job and i also liek my rock muic so i'll try opium

cheers
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity

He never thought of actually getting me to confirm meeting - Gav told me literally 5 minutes before he got there and I'd just got in from a party :razz:

nubs ;[
  • Options
    get civilised ...become cool ...move out of scotland.
  • Options
    is that our visit scotland ad campaign? god they get worse
  • Options
    Edinburgh's my joint favourite city in Scotland, it's not really as snobby as it's made out to be, and it's diverse and stuff, so you'll have no bother fitting in.

Seriously though, it's got good shops and pubs, and my favourite feature for a city to have - a massive hill that overlooks the place, so you can get your ass up there late at night and get a fantastic view.

Also, it's on the East coast, so the smell won't be so bad :thumb:

Don't get a job for Mecca Bingo, whatever the fuck you do.
  • Options
    yeah i like edinburgh only been a few times but jsut like the way it is dunno what it is but it made me choose over any othr place

wont apply for mecca bingo then me thinks need a job where i get free munch
  • Options
    Originally posted by rossco

wont apply for mecca bingo then me thinks need a job where i get free munch
    salvation army hostel?
  • Options
    hmmmm...free soup i like soup prolly wont be able to pay he bills though

ah well
  • Options
    to be honest Edinburgh is so much better than people make out. I lived here for about roughly 8/9 years then moved out to the countryside, and have just moved back after 10 years of living out there and although i still mostly visited here on the weekends now im staying here its much much better, im looking for work too ( damn those employers who dont reply to you!) theres tons of shops, i have found people to be friendly, some anyway. Still your usual bunch of chavs, scummy twats etc but the majority are fine. You will settle in very quickly here im sure and you'll prob enjoy it too :D

Im glad i came back...