Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Britney Spears Marries Again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/19/spears.marriage.reut/index.html

So lets take some bets on how long this one lasts!!

I reckon we'll be seeing cracks in the marriage in 6 months!!!

I'm also guessing this means he might not have quite gotten around to signing that prenup. agreement!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Who the fuck cares who celebreties marry? Or who they date or what they had for breakfast. I pity people that even know this information.
  • Options
    i feel sorry for her, shes so blinded hes just after her money (buying her own engagement ring wtf? if i was going out with a poor guy i wouldnt care how expensive the ring was, even the fact he saved up would mean a lot more) and hideous hideous tracksuits on there wedding night? i cant wait until she fades into obscurity
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    Who the fuck cares who celebreties marry? Or who they date or what they had for breakfast. I pity people that even know this information.

:heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i feel sorry for her, shes so blinded hes just after her money (buying her own engagement ring wtf? if i was going out with a poor guy i wouldnt care how expensive the ring was, even the fact he saved up would mean a lot more) and hideous hideous tracksuits on there wedding night? i cant wait until she fades into obscurity

why is it that he's only after her money. you know fuck all about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by O_o
    why is it that he's only after her money. you know fuck all about it.

But even if he is not after her money, he still left his girlfriend, who was 6 months pregnant at the time, to be with Britney. That shows that he is not a decent guy.

Buying your own engagement ring IS bullshit, imo. Im not saying you need a hugely expensive rock, but Mr Federline (sp?) CAN afford a pretty ring for her. At my work we sell some super gorgeous rings from about £6 upwards. Lots of people come in to get wedding bands actually. Its the thought that counts, not the cost of the ring. A ring from a cracker is better than buying your own bloody engagement ring.

Anyway, the sooner she gets back with Justin the better ;)
  • Options
    :rolleyes: that was directed at Britney...not you DG
  • Options
    Too be honest, I think she's making a fool of herself. Like she's trying too hard.

Making Christina Ag. look mild.
  • Options
    I think she's lost the plot completely. I swear she's had a breakdown of some sort. The Justin break-up really finished her off. I actually think she's ill.. she must be. She's mother truckin' crazy in fact. 2 Marriages in les than 12 months.... :eek:

I can't wait to see the back of that girl. The sooner her career ends, the better - She pisses me right off. She's an ugly cow too.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Shes just proving that marriage means jack now-a-days.
  • Options
    I hear she's considering doing a Bollywood movie cos of the huge sales and marketing potential .. appealing to an audience of over 1 Billion people!!!

I just saw her movie crossroads and quite liked it, but I've always liked American road movies!!

I think it's kinda sad to invite your own parents to a prewedding dinner and then spring it on them that .. nope it's really the wedding!!!

And have to agree any man that leaves a pregnant ex to be with someone else isn't someone for whom the words trustworthy spring to mind!!!
  • Options
    Only a cheapskate bastard would make, or even allow, his fiancee to buy her own ring, even if she does have Britney's millions.

According to Debretts, one month's salary is the ideal amount to spend on an engagement ring.
  • Options
    Britney marries again

I think it's a pr stunt 4 her new album. don't u think she turnin in2 JLo the way she treats men.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but people do stuff like this all the time in the 'real world'; people who are completely sane and happy. And there are people who do much worse, but because they're not in the public eye, it's ok. If Britney's happy to buy her own engagement ring, then fair enough - she's happy, that's the important part. It IS the thought that counts, not the ring, so why the hoo-ha over who bought it? I'm sure she'd have said something if she was annoyed about it.

And he may have left his girlfriend to be with Britney, but Federline (?) is still totally active in his daughters' lives and is supporting his ex. Good for him; I don't think it's healthy for children to grow up in a family where Daddy's in love with someone else, so I reckon he's done the right thing.

Give the girl a break - personally I have total respect for anyone who has the strength of mind and character to do what they want to do despite millions of strangers talking about how they're crazy and ugly and stupid. Her AND Christina.
  • Options
    She may not have complained about it, but trust me, it would have made a difference to most women in that position.

There's a true story in Debrett's about the daughter of a millionaire sitting in a bar when a student comes up to her, about her age but he's really having to slum it due to being a student, and offers to buy her a drink. She's so pleased, because 'it's been nine months since anyone has ever offered to buy me a drink'
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    There's a true story in Debrett's..........

Heck, I don't know what this Debrett's thing is, but you sure seem to like it.

What they as a couple choose to do is fine by me, as who buys the engagement ring which will be on eBay within a year really doesn't matter.

If she chooses to be a complete trollop and eat burgers at her wedding, then it's up to her, isn't it?

She's fit either way.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Debretts is an etiquette manual.

And modern manners - a guide to how one should behave in social situations, and when meeting the queen. also provides useful hints on organising weddings, funerals etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I think it's kinda sad to invite your own parents to a prewedding dinner and then spring it on them that .. nope it's really the wedding!!!
    Don't think she had much choice really, things get out no matter who you tell. It was probably the only way not to have every photographer in the world there. It's her life, don't see why people need to get on her case. I know she has millions of pounds which is good but I can't imagine how hard it has being for her being followed about by photgraphers since she was so young. Everyone has ugly days, when she has one she has the papers taking the piss out of her for being a minger, must be pretty hard.

I heard on radio today that her lawyers made her sign a pre-nup, she didn't want to but her lawyers made her, apparently.
  • Options
    So she bought her own engagement ring? Whoopy fucking do! If she was the one who wanted to get married (ever stop to consider that folks?) then it's only reasonable.

I hate the idea of pre-nups, I'm really glad they aren't worth the paper they are written on in the UK.

On a random tangent, everyone said Evans and Piper wouldn't last. Um.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I hate the idea of pre-nups, I'm really glad they aren't worth the paper they are written on in the UK.
    Explain Kermit please, never knew it was just an American thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Explain Kermit please, never knew it was just an American thing.

In the UK a pre-nuptial agreement has no legal force whatsoever, you could sign twenty of them but when it came to the divorce the courts would just ignore them.

That's why you won't see many with pre-nups getting divorced in the UK.
  • Options
    Surely there is some kind of contract you can write up to protect your assetts against divorce proceedings?? I think they are a great idea and would stop the likes of Ray Parlours missus taking the piss out of rich husbands.
  • Options
    Surely there is some kind of contract you can write up to protect your assetts against divorce proceedings?? I think they are a great idea and would stop the likes of Ray Parlours missus taking the piss out of rich husbands.

he's better off without her anyway... i'd pay to get rid of her if i was him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    he's better off without her anyway... i'd pay to get rid of her if i was him.
    He has, in the millions. He has being totally ripped off by her and some kind of pre-nup would have stopped this.
  • Options
    He has, in the millions. He has being totally ripped off by her and some kind of pre-nup would have stopped this.

she's a total slag anyway

and yes, i am aware, cos i know where her children go to school and i've seen her there - for that money you'd think they'd be in a prep school, not a shitty primary
  • Options

There is no way of "protecting your assets" in English law.

The courts decide on divorce settlements based on the respective partners contributions to the relationship. If you came with nothing, did nothing, the divorced after six months then you wouldn't get half of everything, but if you were a woman who gave up her career to have the man's children then you would get a lot, or if you were a woman who gave up on a university education to get a job to pay for hubby through uni you would be entitled to some of his future earnings.

Mrs Ray Parlour had given up her job to look after him, and nurse him back out of alcoholism. That is, quite rightly, respected in the divorce settlement that she received.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    It IS the thought that counts, not the ring, so why the hoo-ha over who bought it?

Damn right it is the thought that counts, but the point is he didnt get her anything. SHE had to think about the ring. I would, personally, be far far happier with a cute 99p ring from my fiance than one i had to buy myself. But whatever.

If it is a PR stunt then it is totally pathetic and marriage should not be taken as lightly as this. Marriage should be forever, not 55hours, not 6 months, forever. Sure, problems arise and people split, but you should go into marriage with the intention of it being a permanent thing.

Anyways...i read in HEAT that Britney paid for Kevin's stag do. Thats $10 000 she paid btw. Oh yeah, and it was held at the same hotel that she was in with her first husband, and Kev's ex-wife was invited to the shindig. Classy.

Marriage is not, and should not, be about money, but the problem with celebrities is that they have masses of the stuff, whereas "civilians" do not. Britney has millions, Kevin probably has about $100, and thats fine, whatever, but it would be all too easy for him to fall in love with the money and the lifestyle instead of the girl. I wouldnt be surprised if this is some twisted plan concocted by Kevin and Shar...marry Britney, get divorced, take half her money, drive off into the sunset. Hmmm...

Oh, and while im blabbering on....it annoys me when people give her sympathy for being photographed. Sure, it must be annoying, but Britney has, literally, done this all her life and she is used to it. She knows what she is in for when she leaves the house, she knows how the media work. If she doesnt like it, she should stop drawing attention to herself. We will soon get bored...
  • Options
    OOk.. I'm thinking people are taking this way too seriously :-/

Wasn't a smart move she made. But hey; she aint the only one that has made 'possible' mistakes.
  • Options
    And, even more to the point, who cares?

If she wants to marry a succession of losers and lose all her money, so chuffin what?

I hate the Heat generation.