Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

university course help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey all, im applying for uni at the moment, finished school and am currently choosing my course. I had hoped to do economics, but all the best uni's want A-level maths, which i didnt do. Ive spoken to my universities tutor at my old school and he seems to think management or business would be a good way of studying economics at a good university. Problem is (don't mean to cause any offence here ) are these courses considered weaker and less valuble than an economics degree, and are they well regarded by employers? I can't help thinking that business as a degree will have the same cliché as say media studies, as so many people seem to opt for it. Id like to hear what anyone studying business or management has to say aboout their course, and any opinions on law courses would be welcomed too as im considering that as well. Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to go into very big business then a law degree opens doors, because of the skills they show you can muster. To a lesser extent politics and classics degrees can also do this.

It depends where you study business. I have a friend studying business management at Loughborough, and she's just finished a nice sandwich year at Nomura, so a business degree doesn't always get looked down on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ta very much kermit. Any more for any more? Would be appreciated.