Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ask Jeeves

Well, apparently Jeeves is on holiday, so they have some guest butlers in. Including one that looks just like waye Rooney.

How great to be able to insult him:D

http://www.ask.co.uk/events/lostjeevespromo/design.htm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you put a 0 in the middle, you can put rude words in and the 0 doesn't appear :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    askcu%20nt.JPG

:lol:
  • Options
    ooerr
  • Options
    Hehe...

ask2.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, Ask Jeeves... didn't know it was still going. I started using the Internet in September 1998 and Jeeves was one of the first search engines I knew. There was Lycos, Yahoo and the other usual shiznit but of course Google didn't get really famous until about 2001.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remember when they had some kind of forums there... They took them off though.
  • Options
    Forums on Ask Jeeves?

I remember going on the Virgin.Net notice board. I think it was mainly for adverts, but people just used it for cyber chat (including me!) The boards back then in 1998/9 tend to be one long page, where now we have threads like here on TheSite.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Forums on Ask Jeeves?
    Kind of. It was called the "Answer Point" I think. It wasn't forums in the same sense as here, but some people did "know" others. I don't remember why they removed it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    Forums on Ask Jeeves?

I remember going on the Virgin.Net notice board. I think it was mainly for adverts, but people just used it for cyber chat (including me!) The boards back then in 1998/9 tend to be one long page, where now we have threads like here on TheSite.

On a forum I use to use it's still like that.. one lonnnnnnnnnnnng page it's so annoying :(
  • Options
    This is possibly the funniest thing I have seen in all my life. I'm not sure what kind of name I should choose for myself now. Has Jeeves gone into retirement? Or did he leave because he was fed up of people constantly asking him about his sexuality?