Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Zurich Premiership

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I can't believe there isn't a thread about the rugby yet, nearly three weeks into the season.

The Table


Come on the saints!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So whose that Southampton then :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rugby Union is a minority sport played by public school wooftahs.

    Rugby League is infinitely superior.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Rugby Union is a minority sport played by public school wooftahs.

    Rugby League is infinitely superior.

    I agree. However I do watch union sometimes and it looks like Leeds Tykes are sliding to the bottom as usual.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Rugby Union is a minority sport played by public school wooftahs.

    Rugby League is infinitely superior.

    'public school wooftahs' - I beg to differ :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Rugby Union is a minority sport played by public school wooftahs.

    Rugby League is infinitely superior.

    true story.

    although im not a wooftah, far from it :no:

    ps. is there a difference between public and private schools? always been confused by that.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Zurich Premiership
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I can't believe there isn't a thread about the rugby yet, nearly three weeks into the season.

    its because the football season never really ended.

    and because nobody really gives 2 bags of monkey spunk about rugby, for the reasons kermit gave.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Rugby Union is a minority sport played by public school wooftahs.

    Rugby League is infinitely superior.

    You are wrong on both counts.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You are wrong on both counts.

    Union is 28 fat men stamping on each other, and two little skinny guys kicking the ball to each other.

    League is a fast game of passing skill and kicking skill, because being fat and stamping on somebody doesn't score you tries. And, crucially, two drop goals don't score more points than a try.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You clearly know nothing.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Union is 28 fat men stamping on each other, and two little skinny guys kicking the ball to each other.

    League is a fast game of passing skill and kicking skill, because being fat and stamping on somebody doesn't score you tries. And, crucially, two drop goals don't score more points than a try.

    What and having poofy 3 man tackles and people having fits on the floor. Then you pass once or twice then run stariaght into 3 men again get tackled have another spaz. Then after 3 more you kick the ball aimlessly down field is any better? Oh and not to mention the 'scrums'.lol

    Newcastle look good as do my team gloucester. Sale will come mid table again as they are a hot and cold team.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Godders
    What and having poofy 3 man tackles and people having fits on the floor. Then you pass once or twice then run stariaght into 3 men again get tackled have another spaz. Then after 3 more you kick the ball aimlessly down field is any better? Oh and not to mention the 'scrums'.lol

    :lol:

    You ahve to know how to kick and to pass to win in Rugby League.

    You have to be bigger than the other team to win in Union.

    When South Africa beat England in the 1999 Worl;d Cup it showed Union up for what it was- a game of drop kicks and no skill or flair. There's a reason why mediocre League players rule the roost in Union.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have to admit that is kinda like becoming that now. But i think its just as bad in league. What bout that big fat bastard that comes on for like 10 minutes at a time for great britain?

    And Fiend, unlucky at the weekend.:p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Godders
    I have to admit that is kinda like becoming that now. But i think its just as bad in league. What bout that big fat bastard that comes on for like 10 minutes at a time for great britain?

    Anderson?

    He's a brilliant player, and I aren't just saying that because he plays for the Bradford Bulls :heart:

    In League drop kicks aren't rewarding unless you're holding on for a win. You can't win a game on drop kicks, which is how it should be.
Sign In or Register to comment.