Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Beauty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't think this belongs anywhere else before you all jump on me.

Right i wanna know something, do you prefer someone who is pretty but knows it or someone who is pretty but doesnt?

Personally i hate it when people love themselves it makes them very ugly i think.

So what do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    Someone modest
  • Options
    It is always awful to hear people that are quite obviously gorgeous slating the way they look, it's like hey if you think you are horrid what must your opnion of the rest of us be!
    There is nothing wrong with knowing your attractive or wearing/doing certain things to make the best of your self and emphasize your best features, but people that walk around with the 'i'm to good for you' attitude while they may be physically 'beautiful' whats the good in that if you have a stinking personality to match.
  • Options
    I can't tell, becausa there are people that are beautiful, know it but don't walk aroud there saying "look at me, look at me!" And there are another kind of people who are pretty, know it, but say that they are not JUST for others saying they are... They are just awful...
  • Options
    It got really annoying when my last girlfriend kept putting herself down. I think she really believed she was ugly and had to spend 2 hours getting ready to walk down the road. I prefer people who aren't too bothered about how they look but make an effort when its needed.
  • Options
    Beautiful but doesn't 'know it'. Then I get to enjoy telling them they're gorgeous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bunnykins
    I don't see anything wrong with some self-confidence but blatant narcissism is a nasty quality.

:yes:
  • Options
    Ok i'm not talking about people who are pretty and thnk they are too i am talking about the ones who love themselves.
    Do you people really find that attractive?:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Ok i'm not talking about peopel who are pretty and thnk they are too i am talking about the ones who love themselves.
    Do you people really find that attractive?:crazyeyes

no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I prefer a natural beauty, they are who they are and they don't really make a fuss about it either way.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    Re: Beauty
    [B
    Right i wanna know something, do you prefer someone who is pretty but knows it or someone who is pretty but doesnt?
    [/B]

The 2nd is better I think UNLESS they have major hang ups about their looks then it can be a pain!!

I used to work with someone who was very attractive but thought she wasn't
  • Options
    Self confidence, not arogance.
  • Options
    Re: Beauty
    I don't think this belongs anywhere else before you all jump on me.

Personally i hate it when people love themselves it makes them very ugly i think.

So what do you all think?

Someone people who know their a looker act like twats by kinda looking at people as if to say, "as IF you could ever have me, I'm way to good for you", that kinda thing. That isn't the case all the time though. If you got something to flaunt then you might as well flaunt it, but there are ways of doing so without being snobish about it.
  • Options
    the most beautiful kind of people are those who know they're not bad, but are quite unaware of just how stunning they really are.

there is nothing less attractive that a a person who would be hot if they weren't so up themselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    the most beautiful kind of people are those who know they're not bad, but are quite unaware of just how stunning they really are.

there is nothing less attractive that a a person who would be hot if they weren't so up themselves.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

What Kaff said.

I hate people who think they're really gorgeous. Especially if they're not!
  • Options
    There is this really cute girl at my school, who is really modest, and doesn't think about her looks at all. She doesn't wear make up and stuff... All that makes her even cuter! And she's really beautiful, but doesn't ever use it, she just kinda lives with it. I find that really cool :)
  • Options
    Someone who is confident fair enough, but someone who knows they are and shows it and acts bigheaded :no: