Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bloody Councillors

Arrived home not too long ago to find a handwritten letter lying through my letter box

"Dear Resident

I called to see you but received no reply, could i welcome
you to nevilles cross and hope that your stay in Durham
will be a memorable and pleasant occasion.

I would however be grateful if you could remove bottles
from your window (no matter how neat they are)
It is not acceptable by residents and is next to the bus stop"

Its a line of 8 empty beer bottles, very neatly lined up, and only viewable if you walk up to the window and look at them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *passes you bud bottle* make it nine :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    *passes you bud bottle* make it nine :D

cheers dude
  • Options
    Seriously, don't bother taking them down, just fill it up there is no law about it either,

btw i got a empty giant whisky bottle :D
  • Options
    Write back to him saying "fuck off".

He obviously thinks you are a student aty Durham, and thinks you are pond scum because of it.

On a random tangent, I hope Gerry Steinberg, the MP for Durham, gets anally intruded by a forklift truck.
  • Options
    i am a student, but at sunderland

but the point is that ive lived in the durham area all my life and the only thing that has really put a dampner on my spirits is this twat
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    On a random tangent, I hope Gerry Steinberg, the MP for Durham, gets anally intruded by a forklift truck.

:eek2: OUCH
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    i am a student, but at sunderland

but the point is that ive lived in the durham area all my life and the only thing that has really put a dampner on my spirits is this twat

I know:p

Is he a proper councillor, or is he some Parish Council busybody.

Eitehr way send him a death threat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    :eek2: OUCH

I'm being kind.

You should ahve heard what I was saying about that little cunt whilst I was a student in Durham.

I'd love to see him nailed by his wrists to a tree :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm being kind.

You should ahve heard what I was saying about that little cunt whilst I was a student in Durham.

I'd love to see him nailed by his wrists to a tree :yes:

what did he do thats so bad?
  • Options
    he is a proper councillor for durham city, and independant who even looks from his picture that he is a member of the old farts brigade
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    he is a proper councillor for durham city, and independant who even looks from his picture that he is a member of the old farts brigade

Not another one who thinks "all students are evil". Christ.

Not as bad as the old fart who was complaining about "students getting the taxi down the street instead of getting out at the end". I hope that particular anal pube doesn't get a good night's sleep ever again.

Gerry Steinberg, every two to three weeks, goes off on some mad rant about how Durham University students are evil and inconsiderate, and How They Should Fuck Off And Die In A Corner. Obviously he is still bitter about Labour getting their arses kicked in the council elections.

I actually haven't thought of something bad enough to do to him yet. He's even worse than estate agents, who should be left to each eat other on a ship in the Atlantic before being crucified. I'll let you know when I've thought of something.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

he hates students.
    he loves Tony Blair.
    he's a labour politician.

Even my mind can only cope with so much evil, and Gerry Steinberg is beyond it.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If he calls round again, kindly tell him to remove yourself from the premises. I fail to see how the fact its near a bus stop has to with anything.

And you can't get more useless than Colin Burgon, Labour for Leeds East, pure knobhead at its best.
  • Options
    You'd think he'd have better stuff to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lea_uk
    You'd think he'd have better stuff to do.

I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    If he calls round again, kindly tell him to remove yourself from the premises. I fail to see how the fact its near a bus stop has to with anything.

And you can't get more useless than Colin Burgon, Labour for Leeds East, pure knobhead at its best.

well i have not yet seen him yet, all i found was this letter, the fact that the bottles have been there since july
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    well i have not yet seen him yet, all i found was this letter, the fact that the bottles have been there since july

He'll be going around "stamping his authority" on all those evil students.

With all the people who deserve to be dragged for two miles underneath the 43 to Esh Winning, it makes my heart bleed that it had to be some poor old lady:(
  • Options
    im going to go up there tomorrow and plead my innocence and say sorry lots of times and ask if i could have the details of the people who have complained, so i can say sorry

then if i get details i will rest myself
    if i get no details or fobbed off, then the guy is in trouble
  • Options
    God, don't apologise. It only encourages the moaning bleeders.

Ask him exactly why a few bottles on a windowsill impacts on anybody. And regardless of what answer he gives you, twat him.

It's what I'd do.
  • Options
    hmm im leaving them there, cause by the way he has worded the letter, he as a councillor is using his authority to impose his own personal views on the matter

the way he has written it looks like he is demanding, i hate that, asking nicely by all means is ok, but demanding and expecting me to follow his whim freely is bad
  • Options
    and if one green bottle should accidently fall ...
    ther'll be ...

a claims direcyt person at the bus stop ...'did it scare you missus when the one green bottle accidently fell'?
    no but knowing there were now only eight green bottles hanging on the wall has been so traumatic for the entire family ...how are we expected to cope when there are only three left!!!!!!!!!! ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Hahaha! Pathetic isn't it?! I can see little dollar signs come into their eyes when you say you hurt yourself, their backs hunch and little horns pop out of their head.
    Be gone!

Return dirty claim from whence thy came, a foul plot of greed and blame, it wasn't poor pavements fault, or even the drain, twas blindness caused you to fall and maim!

Yeah, I'm crap at poetry. :thumb:
    there is a crack ...there is a crack in everything ...thats how the light gets in ...thats how the light gets in ....
    i saw ...a glimmer of your brilliant self for a moment there.
  • Options
    Re: Bloody Councillors

• Options
    the bottles are on the inside of the window
  • Options
    this guy is a city councillor, the way he has worded the letter appears if he is trying to scare people into believing he has authority

ive checked with a county councillor, a guy working for the CPS and the police and there is feck all they can do
  • Options
    I can't stand Gerry Steinberg, not because of his opinions about students because I'm sure people like David in particular know how I myself feel about most of them, but because he was personally very rude to me when I worked for Durham council in the Gala Theatre. He is generally not a nice man - rude and ignorant. My dad, who grew up in Sherburn (Durham) can't stand him either. I suppose it shows how long he's been involved in politics if my dad remembers him as a counsellor.

Erm, I do know you weren't referring to him in the original post but even seeing his name riles me! :mad:
  • Options
    council.jpg
  • Options
    Re: Re: Bloody Councillors
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Your house, your rules. Rules in my house include no councillors :p

Hence the reason i never tell mates/probable boyfriends that my dad is one. Although reading that letter i'm quite happy to see my dad's not as much of an arsehole councillor as this twat.

MrG, just write back and tell him thank you for your kind letter. Unfortunately you disagree with him and that the bottles will be staying where they are. Tell him you applaud the fact that he has obviously sorted out the more important problems in the area since he has time to write such moronic letters in his working hours. Finish the letter by telling him that unfortunately you don't have time to take the bottles down as you are busy getting an education and doing better things with your time and suggest that instead of listening to the pensioners at the bus stop that maybe he should try turning his hand to doing some proper work instead of being the WI's local snitchbag.

*shrugs or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    the bottles are on the inside of the window

I was just about to ask for that important piece of information.

I'd add more. Hell I'm [almost] thinking of sending you a cheque so that you can drink more...

Why not write back, be polite, but decline his request. I would ask him to refrain from looking in your window as you believe this to be an invasion of your privacy and point out the fact that this country has a "peeping tom" law to prevent just that.
  • Options
    I'm really quite shocked someone would ask you to do that.:crazyeyes

edited to say, you should take them down & put some sort of rude ornament up instead :D.
  • Options
    I would be painfully pol;ite and nice to be stuck up pompous twat.

But I'd say no.

God damn it, last year I was aching for a fight, why couldn't they have done it to us?