Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

cheesy audition

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ok i have an audition for an ad campaign, i need to sing a song, i think what there looking for is big personalitys rather than exceptionally great singing, i can sing but i havnt decided on a song all i can come up with is abba waterloo-help!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I am what I am.

You can't go wrong, pet :thumb:
  • Options
    Was watching the X Factor on ITV and strikes me how many people choose really inappropriate songs for their one and only shot of impressing the judges.

I don't know much about your ad thing , but I find it hard to imagine waterloo being sung solo.

Just watched the Britney Spear's Movie - Crossroads and in the end she sings the song I'm Not A Girl and very well too, not sure how it would sound without any music or backing singers, but I don't think group based songs would be a good idea for a solo.

Soe songs like Perfect Moment or Nat King Cole's When I Fall Inlove I could easily imagine being sung without music if the person's voice was strong enough.
  • Options
    What do you have fun singing? Think of the songs you sing in the shower or while you're doing the hoovering; they're usually the ones that you can have fun with and that will show your personality.