Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Being afraid.....really afraid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you know I went away camping over the weekend and we went to Scarborough way.
We gets there and everything is fine, got everything set up and went to the pub......as you do :D
We came back from the pub and went to bed and during the night i was woken up with the sound of the wind and the feel of the camper swaying. The winds were horrendous, I was really shitting myself. You could hear the build uo, it started as a soft wind and gradually the wind was just howling and the camper as I say was rocking. That feeling was horrible, I stayed awake and didnt dare go back to sleep. I was watching other tents and one almost got blown away because the wind was that strong.
Apparently at one point the winds rose to 90mph so the radio reported so if you can imagine what it was like in the camper.

Ive never shit myself as much as I did then and I think it might have put me off camping for life.....I dunno, maybe next year I will have forgotten how bad it was. I really thought the camper was gonna get blown away......I was petrified.

So has anything really scared you before ? Do you think you would have been afraid if this happened to you ?

Comments

• Options
    who wouldnt be shit scared of where you went to :P
  • Options
    i lived in a six berth caravan for a few months over looking the irsh sea ...vert exposed ...beautiful me thinks ...till the wind arrived!
    i ended up getting out of bed and dressing for an arctic emergency.
    i put the telly on the floor and wedged myself across the floor ...back against one set of seats feet firmly pressed agains the others ...i was convinced i was going to get blown down the steep hillside ...moved out not long after!