Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's court...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I lied. I'm not really from Conneticut. But a brief browse through the forums here leads this West Coast rocker to believe that he may be one of the very few (if not the ONLY) yank(s) around these parts. So, seeing how I am obviously outnumbered, I shall do my best to refrain from any activities that could possibly incriminate and/or misrepresent myself on these fine boards - (at least until I get settled in, and you all get to know me a little better). I am hoping that once I get a few posts under my belt, and gradually reveal a bit more about myself, then people may see who I really am, and not make the common stereotypical judgement of one's personality based solely on appearences and first impressions.
In an effort to maintain some form of protocol, I suppose that I should proceed now, to the introductory phase;
Initial greeting:
"Hi there, everybody! How is everyone out there"?
Geographic disclosure:
"Greetings from sunny California"!
Small talk:
"How's the bloody weather over there in the good 'ol U.K?"
And finally (out of respect) a full acceptance and open acknowledgement of my lowly sub-status as a newcomer:
"This noob is pleased to make your aquaintence(s)".

So, that being said and done, I now throw myself at your feet, begging for your mercy - a humbled heap of disorientated, quivering and vulnerable WhiteTrashTouristOutlander in desperate need of your trust and acceptance.
So fire up those coals...
...and let's commence with the "Newbie-que .

Comments

• Options
    The .org.uk domain should give ya a hint;)

Hello, and so forth.
  • Options
    Hello and welcome

However, easy on the stereotypes!
  • Options
    Welcome x
  • Options
    Heya, How ya doin'?
  • Options
    What an entrance!
    Hello there
  • Options
    Rar! I love your av! Mucho sexy!
  • Options
    Awright then...
    ...where to begin?

To be totally honest folks, I spent more than just a little bit of time prior to my return here, in order that for what I assumed would surely "right frame of mind", and You see, mentally, for preparationmy position upon returning to these boards to check for any input in regards to my "debut" was
  • Options
    ....#*((Cough))*#...**(sput)**!!......OOooohhhh I HATE cats!...

....(Ahem)..............

Please accept my sincere apologies for the above post. You see, I was in the process of trying to gather all my thoughts, and put them down into a somewhat legible format, when all hell broke loose.
    Actually, it all started when the....
    ...Oh, but why even bother?...........
    ...I doubt that anybody would believe me anyway. Suffice it to say, that I am now back online, after a somewhat sobering ordeal that involved an electric heater, a hot cup of coffee, a rambunctious kitten and ultimately, a trip to the store to purchase a new computer. ...Let your vivid imaginations run wild.
    ...Anyhow, now that I have put things back into a somewhat orderly fashion here, (and gotten rid of most of the smoke smell) perhaps I can sum up what it was I was trying to say before I was so rudely cut off:
    I had really not been prepared for such a warm welcome, and I must say that it was a pleasant surprise. In the states, "noobs", are often either ignored completely, or thought to be a threat and thus alienated, or regarded with suspicion and mistrust. People over here are so uptight.
    I wish to thank you, each and every one for making me feel welcome:

Kermit - Hello and (thanx for the tip).
    dr_carter - Thank you (message recieved).
    aimz - Than_x.
    baby_bear - I'm bad*, thank you.
    xXxHelzxXx - Awwww, xXxhellxXx, (you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet).
    And last (but certainly not least,)...
    Zella - Well hellloooo there darlin'.... you know, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE! ~~~~~~~> 8)~ Rahhhhhrrrrr 8)~ <~~~~~~~~

...Until next time....... Ciao,
    LR

*(When I'm good, I'm great...but when I'm bad, I'm better).
  • Options
    ....#*((Cough))*#...**(sput)**!!......OOooohhhh I HATE cats!...

....(Ahem)..............

Please accept my sincere apologies for the above post. You see, I was in the process of trying to gather all my thoughts, and put them down into a somewhat legible format, when all hell broke loose. It all started when the....
    ... Oh, but why even bother? ...I doubt that anybody would believe me anyway. Suffice it to say, that I am now back online, after a somewhat sobering ordeal that involved an electric heater, a hot cup of coffee, a rambunctious kitten and ultimately, a trip to the store to purchase a new computer. ...Let your vivid imaginations run wild.
    ...Anyhow, now that I have put things back into a somewhat orderly fashion here, (and gotten rid of most of the smoke smell) perhaps I can sum up what it was I was trying to say before I was so rudely cut off:
    I had really not been prepared for such a warm welcome, and I must say that it was a pleasant surprise. In the states, "noobs", are often either ignored completely, or thought to be a threat and thus alienated, or regarded with suspicion and mistrust. People over here are so uptight.
    I wish to thank you, each and every one for making me feel welcome:

Kermit - Hello and (thanx for the tip).
    dr_carter - Thank you (message recieved).
    aimz - Than_x.
    baby_bear - I'm bad*, thank you.
    xXxHelzxXx - Awwww, xXxhellxXx, (you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet).
    And last (but certainly not least,)...
    Zella - Well hellloooo there darlin'.... you know, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE! ~~~~~~~> 8)~ Rahhhhhrrrrr 8)~ <~~~~~~~~

...Until next time....... Ciao,
    LR

*(When I'm good, I'm great...but when I'm bad, I'm better).