Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

not clubbing but....19th birthday london bar suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am looking to take about 20-25 people out on a friday for my 19th in central london, any area really, covent garden etc? As we are all 18-19, students, somewhere not too expensive would be great, and somewhere we wont feel out of place too. But obviously its my birthday so would like it to be special! Preferrably a late license.

not too bothered about music type etc, but could anyone reccomend any suitable bars?

cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know a venue near Great Portland Street station you can hire out for the entire night it's a little cellar bar, that can hold about 30 to 40 people.

You could hire the whole place out or reserve a few tables at the venue

I also know f a moored Boat onthe Thames that serves Latin Food.

I know quite afew venues it depends, tell me a bit more abot what you want or what you want fromthe night I might be able to suggest more.
  • Options
    yea easy. Not really wanting to pay to hire anything, dont mind mixing with the public, but dont want to be anywhere where u cant breathe or hear people talk due to overcrowding. Basically all my mates will be 18-20, and theres gonna be 25 of them, so maybe get on guestlists will be necessary - thats fine. But I want to go anywhere thats not gonna cost £10 to get in then £5 for every drink everyone buys - somewhere reasonably cheap, but at the same time nice/special. Covent garden, leicester sq, anywhere like that. Also somewhere we wont feel out of place, ie the average age is not much above 23, not somewhere full of business men that will be moaning at us for being loud etc. Any type of music, food not necessary, cheapish drinks, cheap entry, stays open late, and a nice place that we will all have a good night - they are the main things.

cheers
  • Options
    There is a nice bar off Covent Garden with an excellent beer selection called the PorterHouse, I believe, just down the same road as the Canadian place and the mongolian BBQ.
  • Options
    OK, This is VERY VERY Important note.

YOU MUST Book ahead for Central Lodnon and that many guys.

I had a friend of a friend come down from Leicester for his Birhday and 10 guys and every single venue refused them entry cos they sw 10 guys and thought may be trouble they'll be trouble - if youre 25 guys and no girls you could be stuffed big time.

Give Stringfellows a call and maybe they'll let you in free I got my friend and our party of guys in free for his stag do.
  • Options
    Oh there is another venue I know (can't remember the name right now) BUT you pay about £20 to £25 to enter and after that drinks are free as muchas you want plus a food buffet
  • Options
    damn that sounds good 25 quid and all you can drink.
    I went to a place in Amsterdam called banana bar where it was 40 euro to get in plus all drinks for an hour.
    Dunno why they called it banana bar though:D
  • Options
    When is your Birthday? Shameit weren't last week cos I could have got you and your friends into string fellows for free and also on a free bar until 10pm thing.

Let me know when you Birthday is maybe I'll know of an offer closer to the time.

BTW how do your mate feel about meeting some single girls? I got a site of my own with about 800+ subscribers on the newsletter, most of them are girls!!

If you wanna add your 25 guys to my girls might be able to get a damn good deal on entry in London.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

I had a friend of a friend come down from Leicester for his Birhday and 10 guys and every single venue refused them entry cos they sw 10 guys and thought may be trouble they'll be trouble - if youre 25 guys and no girls you could be stuffed big time.

yep sexism that, assuming all us guys out to pull, for all they know we could be gay