Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Celebs without Makeup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How different do you reckon all those celebs look without their makeup?

And what's the story with Christina Aguilera I hear she really piling on the pounds these days?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I stick with what I've said in the past: Of all women I've seen with and without makeup, either I knew them or only in photos, there's no one that looks better with makeup. They all look worse.
  • Options
    I was sent anm interesting link a bit ago- a website which shows just what they can do with airbrushing technology.

I wish I could find it, they took 15 years off the model.
  • Options
    I remember Avril Lavigne looking like a right granny with no make-up on.
  • Options
    Apparently Christina Aguilera is putting on the weight, hoping to turn it into muscle, to give herself more energy for her tour. As she was never as fit before, like Britney Spears.

I mean seriously, I felt sorry for the lass when I seen it put all over the magainze cause they seena bit of flab as she was 'sitting' down. Ya can't win, like, can ya?

Look at Geri Halliwell. The girl couldn't win, She was too fat with spice girls. Then she started the yoga. Then she got too skinny for peoples liking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I was sent anm interesting link a bit ago- a website which shows just what they can do with airbrushing technology.

I wish I could find it, they took 15 years off the model.
    look for it i wanna see it!
  • Options
    im sure i posted the link on here myself ages ago, so if anyone has got time to search...........................
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    here ya go

WOW. Really.
  • Options
    here ya go

wow that is amazing!!!

So imagine how bad she'd look with no make up as well inthe first place!!! :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I remember Avril Lavigne looking like a right granny with no make-up on.

i WANT her make-up artist. s/he works miracles.

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i WANT her make-up artist. s/he works miracles.

:yes:
    I always imagine you to be similar to avril lavigne actually.
    just the image in my head.
  • Options
    I always imagine you to be similar to avril lavigne actually.
    just the image in my head.

as long as it's this avril lavigne:

avril-lavigne-sexy-1.JPG

and not this avril lavigne:

avril_withoutmakeup.jpg

;)
  • Options
    hey be fair she looks like she got hayfever or a cold or sumit, im sure she aint that bad like normal non-makeup

she'd get one still, stop bitching bout others please ladies! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    hey be fair she looks like she got hayfever or a cold or sumit, im sure she aint that bad like normal non-makeup

she'd get one still, stop bitching bout others please ladies! :p

na shes just a lil druggie:p
  • Options
    stop bitching bout others please ladies!

if you'd read the thread, you'd find i was actually complimenting her make-up artist for being a darn genius.

if said make-up artist is reading. i love you. come live with me and do my make-up.

you haven't seen many girls without make-up, have you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you haven't seen many girls without make-up, have you?

but do girls go out side without make up these days:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    but do girls go out side without make up these days:p
    Sad, isn't it?
  • Options
    And yes, this
    avril_withoutmakeup.jpg

is much better than this.
    avril-lavigne-sexy-1.JPG
    You only have to look at her eyes here to see that this isn't what she really looks like.
  • Options
    here ya go

Wow that actually is shocking, but at the same time makes you feel about 50 x better about yourself. Is it real?
  • Options
    is this thread about girls trying to help their self esteem, and actually ive seen quite a few girls without makeup, and well there is such a fing as looking great without having the most amazing seeming skin etc etc

its called 'not being fooled by media into thinking what a hot girl is'

a girl without maekup can be just as beautiful and/or sexy as a girl with makeup, in fact even more so! :D
  • Options
    is this thread about girls trying to help their self esteem, and actually ive seen quite a few girls without makeup, and well there is such a fing as looking great without having the most amazing seeming skin etc etc

its called 'not being fooled by media into thinking what a hot girl is'

a girl without maekup can be just as beautiful and/or sexy as a girl with makeup, in fact even more so! :D
    well of course they can, all the link is doing, is showing that not even the celebrities are flawless. women think they have to be perfect because these are the images of perfection weve seen, but what the link shows is that noone is that flawless. Theyre all digitally enhanced.
  • Options
    women think they have to be perfect because these are the images of perfection weve seen
    Exactly. Do you realize how many of the psychlological problems that women (and men) have in our time are mainly because of this lie?
  • Options

The "natural" look is wonderful. It just takes hours to get it right:D

As for the two Avrils, the not-made-up one is prettier. Because it's who she really is.
  • Options
    As for the two Avrils, the not-made-up one is prettier. Because it's who she really is.
    I knew we'd eventually agree on something!
  • Options

that's right.
  • Options
    If anybody is thinking of how they can achieve similar results in Photoshop, then don't ask me, I haven't a clue! ...However, there's a program called Neat Image that does some amazing stuff to your photos automatically. Just try it with a good, clear, sharp, detailed, portrait photo of someone, and see how amazing the transformation is. A quick Googling for Neat Image will find you a site to download it from. It's shareware, but quite a lot of its functionality is available to use without paying.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    If anybody is thinking of how they can achieve similar results in Photoshop, then don't ask me, I haven't a clue! ...However, there's a program called Neat Image that does some amazing stuff to your photos automatically. Just try it with a good, clear, sharp, detailed, portrait photo of someone, and see how amazing the transformation is. A quick Googling for Neat Image will find you a site to download it from. It's shareware, but quite a lot of its functionality is available to use without paying.

Here you go

http://www.neatimage.com/examples.html

I was wondering why the orignal pic was so grainy until I read ISO 3200 - mine only goes up to 400 :(
  • Options
    well of course they can, all the link is doing, is showing that not even the celebrities are flawless. women think they have to be perfect because these are the images of perfection weve seen, but what the link shows is that noone is that flawless. Theyre all digitally enhanced.

they arent enhanced though, they look better without it, its someones imperfections that make them stand out ;)

and avril would get one without makeup cause face it, it is her, and im suite sure she looks great in person without makeup :D