Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am fed up of waiting with our security at risk. Why can't people phone when they say they will :(.

I am getting more & more disheartened by the minute.

Comments

• Options
    I don't follow Tweety. Why is you security at risk? who are you waiting on?
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I don't follow Tweety. Why is you security at risk? who are you waiting on?

We are in the process of trying to move, we had to give notice on this place BEFORE we could find somewhere as they wouldn't wait 2 months for us to move in. So after not realy wanting to we had to hand our notice in.
    We are now waiting for the new letting agent to speak to the landlord ect and the council (long story) and 3 times they have said they will call but didn't. yesterday i gave up & called myself & was told the woman who was gonna call was not even in today FFS why tell me she would call then!

I am just really worried that after all this we will end up homeless!
  • Options
    Phone up and ask if you can speak to someone else. Failing that are you able to visit the council offices? As stressful as it all is try and stay calm and sensible. I very much doubt that the council will leave you on the street with a new baby.

Any chance you could get your existing lease extended?
  • Options
    Phone up and ask if you can speak to someone else. Failing that are you able to visit the council offices? As stressful as it all is try and stay calm and sensible. I very much doubt that the council will leave you on the street with a new baby.

Any chance you could get your existing lease extended?

The council wont house us, its a 2 year wait! We are renting privately.
    The reason we are moving is because we live in a flat and want a house (garden for James).

Ah i dunno its all going wrong like i thought it would.:(
  • Options
    I'm guessing you have no family close by that you can move in with if things turn to shit.

Is there plenty of houses for rent in the area?

Is it all down to timing? Why 2 months? Is that the notice you had on your existing pad?

I'm sure you'll be alright hun. Moving house is one of the most stressful things that you'll ever go through. On top of that you've just a baby so that ain't helping much. Worst comes to worst can you shack up in a B&B/hotel for a short period of time till the new place is ready?
  • Options
    I'm guessing you have no family close by that you can move in with if things turn to shit.

Is there plenty of houses for rent in the area?

Is it all down to timing? Why 2 months? Is that the notice you had on your existing pad?

I'm sure you'll be alright hun. Moving house is one of the most stressful things that you'll ever go through. On top of that you've just a baby so that ain't helping much. Worst comes to worst can you shack up in a B&B/hotel for a short period of time till the new place is ready?

Yes we had to give 2 month notice, there was alot of places but are going quickly. We can't afford to stay in b&b or anything round here its really expensive. My mum lives near but i couldnt expect her to take us in with a baby.

I am just really really worried, not sleeping doesnt help..

Ah just ignore me.
  • Options
    I'm sure your Mum would have no problems taking you in for a short time while you find somewhere else? She ain't gonna see her child and her grandchild out on the street. As long as you explain that it ain't gonna be forever, pay your way and some rent she'll understand.

And your right. Lack of sleep ain't gonna help you.
  • Options
    Have you tried involving your MP in this?

This seems to be a magic wand when you want people to do their jobs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Have you tried involving your MP in this?

This seems to be a magic wand when you want people to do their jobs.

Nah, not much point. Unless we were druggies or a was a single mum i have no chance of the council helping us.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Nah, not much point. Unless we were druggies or a was a single mum i have no chance of the council helping us.

Unless you happen to live in a Conservative area - I am rather lucky in that I am rather well connected with the party - I could phone round a few Vice-Chairmen if you want, see if they fancy kicking butt for a bit. Most MPs love sorting out Local Government anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    Unless you happen to live in a Conservative area - I am rather lucky in that I am rather well connected with the party - I could phone round a few Vice-Chairmen if you want, see if they fancy kicking butt for a bit. Most MPs love sorting out Local Government anyway.

*clang*

Prick.

Tweets, I know it's hard to do, but the only way you ever get anything done is if you ring them, twice a day, until they do it. Pestering is the only way to make people do their jobs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Tweets, I know it's hard to do, but the only way you ever get anything done is if you ring them, twice a day, until they do it. Pestering is the only way to make people do their jobs.

I did in the end yesterday & today, they got a bit snotty and said we will ring when we hear anything.
    Its all well and good for them, they have homes. grr
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    I did in the end yesterday & today, they got a bit snotty and said we will ring when we hear anything.

Pissing them off makes them get rid of you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Pissing them off makes them get rid of you.

Excellent technique for getting stuff - look at Shawshank Redemption...