Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

newts.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
where can i obtain newts?

Comments

• Options
    i once had a teacher who had newts and he was going to give me one but never did :(
  • Options
    Ask Ken Livingstone.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    When I was a greenkeeper and used to get to work at 5am, I used find the little bastards by starting at the lake and following the trail they left through the dew.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Theyre not that common these days. How about putting an advert in a local paper asking if anyone has newts in their garden that you could possibly collect newtspawn from next times theyve got some.
    I love newts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Theyre not that common these days. How about putting an advert in a local paper asking if anyone has newts in their garden that you could possibly collect newtspawn from next times theyve got some.
    I love newts.
    when i was a kid they were common as grass. spent half my childhood catching them and playing with them.
    they are not so easily found in the wild now and are probably protected.
    i want to introduce them to the denbigh moors where once they were common.
    just where this series of streams meet i have a small patch of worthless ground ...i have already dug a large pool which the main stream feeds and runs through ...with a little side irrigation for my plants.
    i want my grandchildren to be able to catch newts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    when i was a kid they were common as grass. spent half my childhood catching them and playing with them.
    they are not so easily found in the wild now and are probably protected.
    i want to introduce them to the denbigh moors where once they were common.
    just where this series of streams meet i have a small patch of worthless ground ...i have already dug a large pool which the main stream feeds and runs through ...with a little side irrigation for my plants.
    i want my grandchildren to be able to catch newts.

thats so sweet!

sorry
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    thats so sweet!

i'm waiting for the ...who the fuck do you think you are playing god with the balance of nature ...
    so don't bother folks ...i've already shoved tons and tons of top quality soil and chicken shit into those moors over the last ten years.
  • Options
    Re: newts.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    where can i obtain newts?

In the pub?.................

sorry :rolleyes: