Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Free upgrades

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who has managed this?

What trick did you use?

I might be able to get free upgrades for the rest of my life in six years time - announce that i'm a doctor and request a Business Class seat in exchange for being on call if necessary...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    *laughs*

Dream on.
  • Options
    It work if you're a girl, golden curls, and charming face. And ask nicely to be replaced from your seat as it's too close to the toilets/the man next to you stinks/you prefer to sit as close to the front as possible (without suggesting buisness class, as then you definitely won't get transferred).
    So far it has worked for my friend 6 or so times.
  • Options
    First of all you have to be well dressed to get offered first class for free!!

As fr being a doctor and getting a free upgrade .. that's just funny!!!
  • Options
    i don't know any tricks but one of my mates who teaches in singapore has gotten upgraded to business class on 5 occasions. The only time she wasn't upgraded she was flying with a friend.
  • Options
    my boyfriend flew out to japan 3 weeks ago. he booked off a last minuite website and he requested extra leg room (he's 6 foot 4) however it did say when he booked that it was not garanteed. he got to manchester airport and the request hadnt even been passed on, changed at milan and it was the same so as a gesture of apoligy they upgraded him to first class with seats that go practically flat and free drinks ect. lucky b%$£%rd
  • Options
    Apparently if you have a phd and hence use the title "dr" you often get free upgrades. According to a friend who has just started hers.

I've had a couple of free upgrades. Generally looking smart when travelling helps or being as shameless as my step mother who will just come out and ask for it.
  • Options
    do u think bein a lady or a lord would help?
    lady title

theres a boystuff website with the same thing but for lord instead
  • Options
    What if you're not really a doctor, announce you're on call and they need you.....???
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    What if you're not really a doctor, announce you're on call and they need you.....???

one would then be regarded as a foolish little bastard and would probably be arrested for obtaining goods under false pretences...

why would anyone gamble on this, i wonder?
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    i don't know any tricks but one of my mates who teaches in singapore has gotten upgraded to business class on 5 occasions. The only time she wasn't upgraded she was flying with a friend.

I'd rather fly economy then Business Class!!!

I went in Business Class once andit's full of old men in suits .. at least economy has girls to chat to!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I'd rather fly economy then Business Class!!!

I went in Business Class once andit's full of old men in suits .. at least economy has girls to chat to!!

Yeah, but suppose you want to go to sleep? Suppose you're getting an a flight and the first thing you think is 'i want a double scotch and a pillow'... you'll be far more comfortable in Business.

Plus the food is better and you can pretty much have bacon sandwiches on tap.

Plus the entertainment system is better.