Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Question regarding Windows sp2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I installed service pack 2 and after about 15 maybe 20 minutes my new Broadband stopped working it was going 12 mbps it said and was receiving 1 packet and sending anything upto 70.

I checked the Telewest homepage regarding sp2 and it says they havent come across any problems so far in their testing of sp2 so does anyone have any idea why it did this to me.

Ive done a system restore cause i couldnt get it to work, i mucked around with all the settings etc but nothing i did, within my limited knowledge helped me.

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    you tried turning off the firewall?
  • Options
    yup i did turn it off
  • Options
    SP2 limits the number of connections per port, which won't affect ie, but it'll cripple anything else.
  • Options
    SP2 stopped everything that required internet access period. I tried playing around with the settings, turning firewall on, turning it off, couldnt get it to budge so i gave up.

Its all working fine now except for this damn Krepper virus i got and cant get rid of !