Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Blinded By The Lights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone seen the new Streets video? I was very impressed by it, and I rarely like music videos. They've got it on the official site .
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah seen it at the weekend. I'm not really a big fan but this song is kinda growing on me.

Can't see it being played on Top of the Pops though :)
  • Options
    Someone told me they saw it on MTV the other day. Doubt it'll get shown during the dayt unless they make a different version or just show a (heavily) edited version of the original.
  • Options
    Yeah, seen the video, like it a lot, skinner is looking quite fit too.

I think the scene in the toilet is a bit dodgy though.

Does he beat up his girlfriend in it? The metro paper said he did, but i haven't seen it, have i missed it?
  • Options
    I don't think so. As far as I can make out a fight breaks out, think it's because he's buzzed off his nut and keeps staggering into people. Quite confusing to follow the chaos at the end.
  • Options
    Yeah from what I can make out it hes wasted and falls into people, and it pans to the people he is with earlier, and they look dissaprovingly at him.
    Then it kicks off, to be honest I dont think this is really necessary to the song I think Skinner just put it in there as he has recently got a bit obsessed with football violence.
    Like the lyric: "Brandy or beer? Waters a good idea"
  • Options
    whats that line gotta do with footie violence??? the song is about goin on a night out takin some drugs and his mate n bird end up shaggin is it not?? i dont really know! ahh!

anyways back to the vid, not watched it yet but heard its really good
  • Options
    I like the beat that gets faster, mimicing an increasing heart rate in the song.

Didn't really mind the violence, i thought the blow job in the toilet was the unnecesarry bit.
  • Options
    Yeah, and the fact that the guys filming her on his camera phone whilst she does it is a tad OTT.
  • Options
    Yeah true, the videoing is going a bit far (how will he get away with that b4 watershed?), but i think it's skinner's thing at the mo, showing how mobiles phones such an important are a part of yoof culture now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rio
    whats that line gotta do with footie violence??? the song is about goin on a night out takin some drugs and his mate n bird end up shaggin is it not?? i dont really know! ahh!

anyways back to the vid, not watched it yet but heard its really good

No I didnt mean the line had anything to do with footie violence. Just meant I liked that line.
    Getting back to the football violence, anyone that knows anything about the subject will have heard of the brand Stone Island, in his last video he is wearing stone island and other brands associated with Football casuals.
    And in the fit but you know it video he had charachters from The football factory in it. And in my opinion there was no need for the fight to happen at the end of the video.
    I Like his songs but as a person I think hes a bit of a knob, and an irresponsible knob at that.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by spartaalbion
    I Like his songs but as a person I think hes a bit of a knob, and an irresponsible knob at that.

If he didn't include drugs, sex and violence in his work than it would be shit.
    He tells it like it is - that's what makes him so good and I can relate to so much of the content of his tunes.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    If he didn't include drugs, sex and violence in his work than it would be shit.
    He tells it like it is - that's what makes him so good and I can relate to so much of the content of his tunes.

I don't relate to the song at all (I think I've said this everytime you have ever mentioned this song. Heh), but the rest of what you said is correct. Ignoring the obvious club setting and going for a wedding was clever, as he changes the scene, but still manages to get everything in. It's not like he went out of his way to be controversial, but no doubt it will be in the Daily Mail soon enough. Of course, I was never going to try E until I saw Matt Skinner glorifying it, along with snorting cocaine and getting blowjobs in public toilets.
  • Options
    what the song in the background, when he's texting simone? its right at the start.
  • Options
    Blinding tune IMO
  • Options
    I loved that video, I thought it was great.
    I also really like the tune behind it, The Streets are definately growing on me.

I also quite like the line "They could have texted me when they got here, but I'm fucked and I don't care."

Great video! :)
  • Options
    The damn thing wont stop playing! Its stuck. My media player is off and its still going. I dont get it.