Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Shaun of the Dead!!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As you will all know this was one of the funniest films EVER!

It is now out on DVD and for any of you stupid enough not to have seen it yet, go buy it NOW.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aye, quality film! Might have to remind my girlfriend my birthday's coming up soon...
  • Options
    I bought my copy in advance from Amazon, it arrived on the day it was released. I'll probably be watching it again tonight and then it will sit up on the shelf next to the complete box set of Spaced.
  • Options
    I finally saw a preview for it. Supposed to be in theaters mid Sept I think. Maybe it's funnier than the previews show? Cuz it doesn't look that amusing. But who knows. I'll probably go check it out.
  • Options
    No probably about it, you MUST go! Its fantastic!

Probably the best British film in years! If not one of the best films from anywhere in years!

Truely a comedy classic.
  • Options
    Are American audiences really going to get it?

The Office was only received as well as it was because it was the in thing to watch.
  • Options
    Aparrently its building up a real cult following in the US, so they are going to release it there.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it yet, know i need to though. So many films i need 2 see -

Donnie Darko, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Big Lebowski, 9/11 to name a few
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Are American audiences really going to get it?

The Office was only received as well as it was because it was the in thing to watch.

:eek2: I've never even heard of the office. So bong, as an avid fan, would you suggest that its a theater watch or wait till it comes on video. And what kind of humor is in it... I don't really get British humor that often :o... but then again I'm sure the best of the best hasn't been sent this way
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    Haven't seen it yet, know i need to though. So many films i need 2 see -

Donnie Darko, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Big Lebowski, 9/11 to name a few

Dont bother with the first of those, crap teen 'deep' thinking movie.

my_name; I would suggest going to see it at the movies, then buying it when it comes out. You will laugh, only someone who is scum wouldnt.

Think zombie horror flick, meets Rom/Com, only really really funny and gory!
  • Options
    (quote) Dont bother with the first of those, crap teen 'deep' thinking movie. (quote)

Really? I have heard from a friend who knows his movie that Donnie Darko is amazing, but i suppose it depends what you are into. A lot of people i know do slate it too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I don't really get British humor that often :o... but then again I'm sure the best of the best hasn't been sent this way

:o Monty Python has!

And The Office is on BBC America (with all the other "quaint shows from London") and won a couple of Grammies last year.
  • Options
    Sam Raimi, George Romero and Peter Jackson have all given it brilliant reviews. George Romero descrisibed it as the best zombie movie since his own trilogy.

It is a fucking excellent film.
  • Options
    Aye, it is an enjoyable film. It was even more enjoyable due to a screw up by the cinema meaning i got to go and see it for free :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I bought my copy in advance from Amazon, it arrived on the day it was released. I'll probably be watching it again tonight and then it will sit up on the shelf next to the complete box set of Spaced.
    Ive just bought it today Im looking foward to watching it tonight.
    I love the episode of spaced when they go paintballing.
    bong have you seen Black Books before?
  • Options
    What do you mean, have I seen Black Books, of course I have, though I dont own the DVD yet, probably on my Christmas list (hint hint all of you).

I even saw Dylan Moran live a while back, very good, hugely funny man.

Personally I think the episode where they go clubbing is top, they really manage to capture it better than anything else I've seen.

The commentary of the DVD is a slice of fried gold too.
  • Options
    What do you mean, have I seen Black Books, of course I have, though I dont own the DVD yet, probably on my Christmas list (hint hint all of you).

Personally I think the episode where they go clubbing is top, they really manage to capture it better than anything else I've seen.

The commentary of the DVD is a slice of fried gold too.

Black Books is the best:D I own series 1 and 2 on dvd:thumb:
  • Options

He played in Belfast in May there as part of some arts festival but I only found out a week in advance so didn't manage to get a ticket because he was playing in a ridiculously small venue. :mad:

Have managed to see Bill Bailey live though, comedic genius!!

I've only got Black Books series 1 on video so I'm really gonna have to get a move on and buy the second series. What did people think of the 3rd series? I thought it was OK, but couldn't match the 1st at all.
  • Options
    I'm looking into getting tickets for Bill Bailey when he's in London later on in the year.

I agree somewhat, though I still thought the 3rd series was good.
  • Options
    For those who love it ....

There's a "Definitive" boxset of Spaced coming out 27/09 ...
    Series 1 & 2 and a 3rd disk of goodies as well .....

That's gonna sit nicely next to my copy of Shaun :D
    Which has now become my favorite movie of all time ....

But what I want to know is this ....

When are they gonna get round to doing a 3rd series of Spaced !!!!!!!
  • Options
    It sounds good I remember thinking Ill see it when it comes out, Unfortunatly Im going to just illegaly download it and convert it to a DVD when I can be bothered,
  • Options
    I think Spaced is done and finished, there will be no 3rd series.
  • Options

aye, though there are a few rumours flying around about a one-off special, but i dont think it's quite mainstream enough to warrant one
  • Options
    Shaun of the Dead, Black Books and the Spaced boxset are all on my wanted list. Just when i need to knuckle down for my final year at uni as well. Bugger.

Bongbudda, saw Bill Bailey at Salford Quays in May. The guy is class!
  • Options
    Quality film. You have to see it.
  • Options

Don't say it man...... just don't say it ...... :(

I've heard the same rumours .... I'm just hoping that once Simon Pegg's done another movie he'll return to Spaced ...

Just have to wait and see ......
  • Options
    They are doing another movie I think, another take off, this time of British crime movies. I did a thread about it a while ago, but everyone ignored it.
  • Options
    They are doing another movie I think, another take off, this time of British crime movies. I did a thread about it a while ago, but everyone ignored it.

the bastards.
  • Options
    I thought so. I hate you all.
  • Options

That's what I heard as well (the movie thing .... not the ignoring your thread thing ...... )
    It appears that the bods up high in the movie world have been impressed with Mr. Pegg and Mr. Wright ......

I'll just have to settle for the definitive boxset when it comes out on the 27th ..... and the next movie that they do ......
  • Options
    i saw it last night, it was funny at points, but i didnt think it was anything special