Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Umm...Shit.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just downloaded and installed BearShare, but seeing how shit it is and becuase it installed a shit load of spyware on my pc, I decided to get rid of it. However, I now can't get into the control panel to uninstall it. When I click the Start bar and click on control panel, it opens and then comes up with a message saying "Windows Explorer has encountered an unknown error and needs to close". So I can't get into the conrol panel at all.

Any ideas on how to sort this?
________
Thai property for sale
________
Novana Residence Condominium

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a look in your program files and see if there is an uninstaller in your BearShare program folder. If there is double click on it and then close your folder windows and uninstall it.

If that don't work, try this

It's a pretty cool unintaller program, good for situations like your having now. I have the full version what I got from a PC mag, I've not had to use it yet tho. The demo version will work for what you want.

More info here