Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Do you want to be a entrepreneur?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever since i can remember i have always wanted to be a entrepreneur i think i have been a young businessman since i was around six. If you class a businessman as someone who buys and sells at a higher price.

It's been my dream for years to be a success in business. I am not to bothered about the money side. If i made a million from business then great but there is one thing i really, really want and that is success. I just want to be known, be a good example for others and be respected and known as a businessman. Like, i would love to share my views in a paper, a mag, a web site. Just be what i want to be. A success

I have worked very hard for years using my ideas to do business, many i had fun doing but they were never a 'for life' business they were just small things.

Does anyone else have these same feelings?

I am not obbessed with it, i do think about success 24/7 (no lie) and i talk about success and business alot. I think i have many talents which could help me succeed in life. I just know, and beleive i can do it.

Does anyone else want to be a entrepreneur?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, i know exactly what you mean.

I run a few free web services and chatting to the users is great. They really appreciate what i do.

I really don't care about the money, i think cash is a bonus. I want success, i want to help people.

I think if you want to do what you said above, then go for it. :)

Best of luck, remember the impossible is possible ;)
  • Options
    i did mate...

I used to fix computers and stuff for mates and they just gave me like £20 a time. When I said no they were like no it's your time used up...

Felt really guilty taking mone of me mates, but then they started getting there mates, work mates and family to contact me with there problems....

so I setup my own business to make it more legit...and the extra cash comes in handy....but people wonder why i don't concentrate on it more as they say i could make big money..but i ain't like that....like to help out really, rather than making loads a dosh and that person becomes a client id and not a person like what the big companies do...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shadowsurf
    i did mate...

I used to fix computers and stuff for mates and they just gave me like £20 a time. When I said no they were like no it's your time used up...

Felt really guilty taking mone of me mates, but then they started getting there mates, work mates and family to contact me with there problems....

so I setup my own business to make it more legit...and the extra cash comes in handy....but people wonder why i don't concentrate on it more as they say i could make big money..but i ain't like that....like to help out really, rather than making loads a dosh and that person becomes a client id and not a person like what the big companies do...

Spot on. You can be talked about as the local businessman who helps people to get their computer hardware to work.

Not the shop on the next block who charges an arm and a leg.

You guys are seeing my point :)
  • Options
    that is totally true...

funny thing is i get people who go to like PC World and see a machine, ask my opinion and i tell yeah, good machine but I can save them like £200+ if they get it from me...

even after it's built I phone them every month to see if all is ok....now what big company does that?
  • Options
    that is totally true...

funny thing is i get people who go to like PC World and see a machine, ask my opinion and i tell yeah, good machine but I can save them like £200+ if they get it from me...

even after it's built I phone them every month to see if all is ok....now what big company does that?

Do you have a web site?

If you need web hosting i can provide it for free :)

The web might be able to get your name out
  • Options
    well, I have kinda got the web thingy going...but i don't wanna go too far out...wanna start local first and then get online...i like to meet the person...talk to them and find out what they really want....really bugs me how the big companies sell people stuff they are not gonna use...

money, money, money is all they think of....

money is the root of evil IMO
  • Options
    well, I have kinda got the web thingy going...but i don't wanna go too far out...wanna start local first and then get online...i like to meet the person...talk to them and find out what they really want....really bugs me how the big companies sell people stuff they are not gonna use...

money, money, money is all they think of....

money is the root of evil IMO

Mate, everyone and their mum sell PC's. If you're the only one doing it in a certain radius you'll be ok otherwise you won't be too good. Plus we all know how crap PC World/Dixons/Curry's etc etc are for information/prices and service.

Still, good luck with whatever it is. :)
  • Options
    that's where I'm lucky as there is nothing really close to me here so I have an advantage, but i'm working too hard to do my own thing at thte mo.....maybe when it quietens down then i'll put more effort in it but I just don't have the time....
  • Options
    Hope it goes well :)