Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Moving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got any tips on moving & making it go as easy as it can?

Also anyone know what you write in a letter to end your tenancy? Just that you will be leaving, the amount of notice & when i guess yes?

Comments

• Options
    Start packing things as early as you can.
  • Options
    hiya,

below is a little letter i used. cancelled by phone and then confirmed it....just makes it easier

Further to our earlier conversation I confirm that our actual date of leaving will be the 31st October 2003, however our belongings will be moved on the 27th October 2003.

As discussed the convenient time of viewings suitable to my work pattern would be before 12:30pm however if required this can be arranged to a later time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require anything further and once again thank you for your co operation and support in these sudden changes of circumstances.

Regards,
  • Options
    If you want to be really organised...

...if you pack your belongings into boxes, remember to write on the outside of the box all of the contents of the box, or get a piece of paper and write down the belongings and number the boxes. Else your things will disapear forever! :crazyeyes :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: Moving
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Anyone got any tips on moving & making it go as easy as it can?

Also anyone know what you write in a letter to end your tenancy? Just that you will be leaving, the amount of notice & when i guess yes?

Make sure you pack a seperate box with a kettle, mugs and tea coffee - make sure you label it well - so you can have a cuppa after you moved all your stuff.

I've moved about 5 times in 7 years. I don't pack drawers. I just take them out the chest of drawers and cover them with binbags so the stuff doesn't fall out! you can just slide them back in when you are in the new place. Make sure you take spare lightbulbs, as some tenants like to take them with them when they leave.

The last time I moved I packed up my whole flat in less than 6 hours...I'm an expert these days!! All that got broken was one photo frame!
  • Options
    Any more?