Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

when was the last time you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
cryed so much due to pain, i mean really bad agonising pain!

i just cant seem to stop right now, had an operation and i know i should'nt compare to teh last time but the pain is so unbearable i cannot stop crying, i cannot sleep i cannot eat!
:(

its so horrible!

Comments

• Options
    i don't cry if i'm in a lot of pain. i just lie and make weird whimpery noises.
  • Options
    its just one of those pains where rhey have hacked my ear to bits sewn it back up, my whole head on the left hand side is numb and throbbing the stitches seem to be pulling on my hair and the ear inside is just so painful i cannot do anything, the dizzyness etc, just makes me feel so yucky!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    its just one of those pains where rhey have hacked my ear to bits sewn it back up, my whole head on the left hand side is numb and throbbing the stitches seem to be pulling on my hair and the ear inside is just so painful i cannot do anything, the dizzyness etc, just makes me feel so yucky!

take painkillers, rest a cool wet flannel on the offending hurty area and lie down in a dark room. and try and keep your head elevated all the time. if you lie flat, it'll increase the swelling around your stitches which = more pain.
  • Options
    Probably when I sliced off the end of my finger.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    take painkillers, rest a cool wet flannel on the offending hurty area and lie down in a dark room. and try and keep your head elevated all the time. if you lie flat, it'll increase the swelling around your stitches which = more pain.

Thanks Kaffrin, i think i may hav an infection in the stitches despite the nurse at hospital telling me not to cver the wound fue to getting an infection, i think my hair has got caught up in the stitches and has caused an infection, will have to see doctor.

the pain in hospital was well managed with morphene i come home and paracetamol seems lame compared to the stuff i had in there!

:(
  • Options
    i had a blocked intestine not so long ago, that was god awful. really painfull. after 3 days it passed and i got better within 2 weeks. try another pain killer, or go to your doctors and get something really strong. but bare in mind that morphine can be addictive.

hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Seriously, the last time was when I was about 9. I threw this giant brick in the air above my head trying it to get it over this wall because my cousins (who were a few years older) could do it. It came straight back and landed on my head. I didn't cry so much as scream.
  • Options
    When I had cystitis :(

Mind you, I could have had a house fall on me.

Ding Dong the wicked witch is deaaaad :yes:
  • Options

How come you had an operation?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I also don't really cry of pain. Last time I really hurt has to be a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if this is what's called a migraine, it felt like someone had plunged a knife above my eye. The pain was killing to begin with, and the slightest movement made it much worse. Somehow I managed to sleep through it.
  • Options
    when I dropped a desk lamp which had too high a wattage bulb in it on my side. It burnt me for life :(
  • Options
    I had a baby a few months ago, that smarted a touch. :D
  • Options
    the last time i was in an enourmous amount of physical pain was about 5 years ago. i had an infection in one of my heels and ive never felt pain like it. i remember lying in bed through the night crying and thinking i would need my foot amputated. oh it was horrible. pain is not good.

hope you feel better soon pal x
  • Options
    the pain in hospital was well managed with morphene i come home and paracetamol seems lame compared to the stuff i had in there!

try ibuprofen. they gave me some extra strength ones at the hospital, cause they said it beats paracetamol hands down for post-operative pain as it also reduces swelling. but after the first day i just took regular doses, and it still worked well.
  • Options
    It must have been when I broke my arm when I was 10. Since then, I just tend to shout and swear a lot, especially when it involves hockey balls. I'd much rather shout "THAT REALLY FUCKING HURT, YOU ASSHOLE. HIT THE BALL INTO THE FUCKING GOAL, NOT INTO ME!" than cry.

When it's internal pain, like when I had fucked sinuses, and if I tilted my head too much I thought my head was going to explode, I just get moody and take my frustration out on the people around me. Crying just doesn't rid me of my frustrations, but shouting does.
  • Options
    When I took an overdose and spent 24 hours throwing up green puke (Peter Jackson style). However I don't tend to cry, just growl.
  • Options
    my op was to fix the ear drum, it seems to be getting worse! :(

in fact i am going docs tomorrow to ask for strong pain killers!