Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Group 6 qualifiers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So this is the big group with three home teams: Wales, Northen Ireland and England had three games today. The results were:

AUSTRIA 2-2 ENGLAND
AZERBAIJAN 1-1 WALES
N IRELAND 0-3 POLAND

So the table stands at:

1 Poland 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
2 Austria 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
3 England 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
4 Azerbaijan 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
5 Wales 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
6 Northern_Ireland 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

(Couldnt get a decent table up!)

But all to play for ay?:D

I hope Wales qualify, and I dont think its impossible....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Typical England, you just can't trust them to finish a job.
  • Options
    David fucking James is a fucking moron who isn't fucking fit to wash the fucking shirt, let alone fucking wear it.

Wales are just shit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Wales are just shit.

Were ranked higher than Austria though, and you couldnt beat them :p Wales arnt that bad, better than they were. Almost qualified for Euro 2004 they did :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    David fucking James is a fucking moron who isn't fucking fit to wash the fucking shirt, let alone fucking wear it.
    :thumb: What a fucking pumper, he is always going to chuck a few goals in, he is shit. My mate made a good comment when we were watching, we pick a keeper with the nickname "calamity" now that ain't a good thing. He is a donkey and should have never being picked in front of Robo.
  • Options
    Well I'm not looking forward to Wales on Wednesday :no: I really can't see N.Ireland getting much out of this tournament if we keep playing like we did on Saturday.

We go in with such high spirits, conceed an easy goal in the first 20 minutes which takes the wind completely out of our sails and then spend the rest of the match trying to catch up.

Ahh well, maybe I'm being too pessimistic, maybe this time'll be different and we'll tighten up the defence and stop conceeding demoralising goals.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    :thumb: What a fucking pumper, he is always going to chuck a few goals in, he is shit.

I'd pick Massimo Taibi ahead of David James in any team.

James is simply not good enough. Robinson (even if he did leave scum to play for scum) is.
  • Options
    Well well well... if you told me this afternoon that Northern Ireland would draw 2-2 with Wales in Cardiff I would have told you to fuck off! It was a great game but a crying shame we lost Healy for the next game, we need him for a win in Azerbijan!

So what happened to Wales? I honestly thought they were gonna trail us tonight and I can't belive they didn't manage to win against us with nine man and 65 odd minutes to play.

Anyway, bring back the Home Nations Tournament, it makes for fucking good football!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Well well well... if you told me this afternoon that Northern Ireland would draw 2-2 with Wales in Cardiff I would have told you to fuck off! It was a great game but a crying shame we lost Healy for the next game, we need him for a win in Azerbijan!

So what happened to Wales? I honestly thought they were gonna trail us tonight and I can't belive they didn't manage to win against us with nine man and 65 odd minutes to play.

Anyway, bring back the Home Nations Tournament, it makes for fucking good football!!

Indeed Wales were poo. We (Wales) should have one that and the last game. Can't see us qualifying at this rate. No Savage for the England game either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    No Savage for the England game either.

Shit.

That means Wales will replace him with a decent midfielder :nervous:
  • Options
    The England game was crap, wished I'd watched Wales v NI.