Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fortune tellers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have any of you been to see one ? Had the tarot cards read or anything like that ?
I used to have my cards read quite a lot but havent for some time. anyways a friend is having a party where someone comes and does them so im gonna have mine done again. The fella she is getting is from Newcastle and he's suposed to be really good......I cant wait.

Many years ago I had mine told by this woman and she was pretty good. She asked me who was Paul and i says he was my boyfriewnd......she said hes more than that (we were actually living together, although I didnt let on). She named his Fathers name to me and i was kinda shocked.
She mentioned many things about myself and I was stunned, couldnt beleive it.

What are your views on fortune tellers ? Do you beleive or do you think its a con ?

Comments

• Options
    I got my palm read once...was a load of crap in my opinion. I only had it done cos I was slightly tipsey at the time and it seemed like a good idea.

She told me that I had to look out for a blonde, tall man called Chris...I'm still looking. I can't really remember what else she said because she wasn't very convincing
  • Options
    oerr kaff, I never seen that :eek2:
  • Options
    One thing I will say is that some i have seen tell you past, present and future.

One I seen told me stuff which had happened.......so how could she have known ? I gave nothing away.

One even knew about my Son who died...now thats spooky.
  • Options
    the one i went to last has been right about so many things that it can't just be coincidence. and she described mr. kaff perfectly, and he's not your average bloke. not by any means.

you have to wonder.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

you have to wonder.

I think there a few 'wannabees' who aint got a clue and who are out just for the money they can get, however there are a few who really do know what they are doing.

i wait with anticipation to the next one i see. As I say he is well known in Newcastle and has seen many famous people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I think there a few 'wannabees' who aint got a clue and who are out just for the money they can get, however there are a few who really do know what they are doing.

oh yeah, totally. in fact, i reckon most are phoney. as soon as you hear the 'tall dark stranger.... you are going on a long journey', your eyes start to glaze over.

but then every so often, you are told something so specific, something so accurate that it can't be a generalisation.
  • Options
    I read tarot and apparently am pretty damn accurate at times... or so people say. I predicted a date where my friend was gonna split up with her boyfriend... and another when a mate was gonna be kicke doutta his flat... I mean it's wierd shit man...

As for tarot readers... I'd be careful who you trust... same with spiritualists and witches.