Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Unholy Alliance Tour - Slipknot/Slayer/Hatebreed/Mastodon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im goin to this gig in Birmingham on October 5th and i was just wondering if anyone had seen any of these bands before.

Loved slipknot for years, always wanted to see them so i jumped at the chance when i saw this tour announced, and whos gonna turn down a chance to see Slayer...admittedly im not as big of a fan of them as i am slipknot but i listen to them. Hatebreed, ive only heard a few tracks from and ive yet to hear anything from Mastodon.

What are the crowds like? I mean a slipknot crowd sounds steady enough, but slayer? Hatebreed...those hardcore kids look like a crazy fuckin bunch so...im a little worried....

So anyway, yes, opinions, experiences please folks.

Peace
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you will die in the pit,lol, but at least you'll die happy:D
  • Options
    Slipknot are truly amazing live. Just stand and watch in awe. Never seen any of the others, but I know Mastodon are pretty good. Slayer are amazing, and Hatebreed are ok-ish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    you will die in the pit,lol, but at least you'll die happy:D

....:nervous: ....crap :(
  • Options
    i've seen both slipknot and slayer live and if you want to choose a pit to be, pick slayer, at slipknot the pit was full of stupid nu-metal head teens who think they're cool by doing a bit of moshing, fuck i hate slipknot now, piece of talentless shit, saying that, they were awesome live, made us all sit down for spit it out and when he said "jump the fuck up" every had to go nuts, i loved it at the time, slayer on the other hand, different story altogether, came out with bruises, cuts, punches to the face and everything in their pit, seasons in the abyss live, ah bliss.
  • Options
    i couldn't imagine anything worse than seeing them 3 god awful bands play, and mastodon who ive never heard of but i presume they'll be the same 'record 4 minutes of noise with a lead singer who sounds like he's choking on some food, and give it a stupid name'. save your money!!!!
  • Options
    ...well i know i asked for opinions in my original post, but i was hoping they'd be constructive ones at least...Be Quiet please.

Peace
  • Options
    I shall be at the Manchester Arena gig.

I am going for thrash titans Slayer only, i dont care for nu-metal.

Having said that it should be a lot of fun :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    ...well i know i asked for opinions in my original post, but i was hoping they'd be constructive ones at least...Be Quiet please.

Peace

you want constructive posts then your at the wrong site, buddy.
  • Options
    4 minutes of noise with a lead singer who sounds like he's choking on some food, and give it a stupid name

go away and listen to the darkness.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    go away and listen to the darkness.

what kind of half-assed twatish comment is that? jesus christ, if your gonna TRY and insult me, all least make it a good insult.

Go on, i'll let you have another go.......
  • Options
    Go on, i'll let you have another go.......

Nah, ive pissed you off enough already, it seems. :D
  • Options
    Considering going for Slayer. Masterdon are alright (from the little I've heard). Hope Slipknot close the show so I can leave before they're on. Seen them 4 times and am pretty sick of them.
  • Options
    Yere slipknot are pretty good live, they are not everyones taste and the vocals put a lot of people off. But the drummer (joey) is a god.
    :cool:

Bopz
  • Options
    The tickets arrived this mornin....rock on! Im so excited now, hehe. I hope they play Diluted, its the best song ever....and as much as i like the new album, i hope they dont play too much of it....more of the S/t and Iowa stuff would be soooooo cool

*sigh* only a month to wait

Peace
  • Options
    The tickets arrived this mornin....rock on! Im so excited now, hehe. I hope they play Diluted, its the best song ever....and as much as i like the new album, i hope they dont play too much of it....more of the S/t and Iowa stuff would be soooooo cool

*sigh* only a month to wait

Peace

Sadly, Diluted is not to be heard :(

And they only play The Blister Exists, Pulse of the Maggots, Three Nil and Duality from the new album. But, seeing as it's thier new new single, they'll probably play Vermillion too.

The most kickass part though, is that they come out to the intro on the first album and open with (Sic) :D
  • Options
    Goddamn it....Diluted is just the mutts nutts :(

Bu wahey on the (sic)...that along with Eyeless, Surfacing and Spit it Out are the best songs on the S/t album....i do believe i may go as far as to say im uber excited about this gig. lol.

Now, just need to figure out how not to lose my girlfriend in the crowd. lol

Peace
  • Options
    Goddamn it....Diluted is just the mutts nutts :(

Bu wahey on the (sic)...that along with Eyeless, Surfacing and Spit it Out are the best songs on the S/t album....i do believe i may go as far as to say im uber excited about this gig. lol.

Now, just need to figure out how not to lose my girlfriend in the crowd. lol

Peace

Yup, People = Shit, Heretic Anthem, Disasterpiece among others will be played from Iowa too.

The new album is absolutely fucking incredible, but nothing will ever match the way I felt about the S/T album.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    People = Shit

the only slipknot song i still listen to after my teenage obsession years, so much anger, even if they are a bunch of pansies themselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    the only slipknot song i still listen to after my teenage obsession years, so much anger, even if they are a bunch of pansies themselves.

I think thats why i love them so much...their music is just pure pissed off agression,and thats something a lot of bands lack nowadays, the feeling is just non existant in most of them, which is why Slipknot are a refreshing change of pace compared to some of the shite being released nowadays.

Cant Wait

Peace
  • Options
    Slayer will be better.
  • Options
    Slayer will be better.

Slayer will always be better, they are an institution, slipknot are a teen fad.

bob, i'm sure you'll grow out of slipknot, i know they look cool and hip but when you move on to proper and talented metal, you'll look back at slipknot and laugh.
  • Options

bob, i'm sure you'll grow out of slipknot, i know they look cool and hip but when you move on to proper and talented metal, you'll look back at slipknot and laugh.

So once every slipknot fan hits a certain age they all won't like them any more?

Bullshit.
  • Options

dear boy....im almost 2 years older than you are for a start! lol. and quite honestly if i want to listen to slipknot i will, if i want to pay to see them i will, and next time i want to hear your opinion on such things, ill give it to you.

Peace
  • Options
    i don't like vermillion, its on the new resident evil OST. it didn't do much for me, its a bit soft for slipknot i reckon
  • Options
    i think the acoustic tracks from the new album are a bit weak, i prefer the soundscape style stuff like Frail Limb Nursery and Gently and so on but i respect them for having the balls to put stuff like that out.
  • Options
    yer, i suppose you gotta give them their props for trying something different
  • Options
    I reeeeeeeally love Vermillion Pt. 2. It's just....awesome.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    I reeeeeeeally love Vermillion Pt. 2. It's just....awesome.

'Tis a nice song! Unusual for them but nice!
  • Options
    God Hates Us All is way better than SLipknots latest. It has far more aggression, anger and hatred than anything on that. It also has solos.
  • Options
    God Hates Us All is way better than SLipknots latest. It has far more aggression, anger and hatred than anything on that. It also has solos.

So does the new Slipknot record.