Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

what the most horrible thing you have found in the kitchen?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for a few days now, we hae had moths at the top of our kitchen cupboard, so today i disided to clear it out. but i also found masses of maggots too.....horrible horrible stuff.....

anyone else ever found gross stuff in the kitchen?

Comments

• Options
    :yuck: Ergh that is totally disgusting, and ive never found anything like that because our kitchen is clean :p
  • Options
    a rat, what am i gonna do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    a rat, what am i gonna do?

:D:lol:
  • Options
    My step-sister.
  • Options
    Well when i was in my flat, I had a bin with all the dog shit in bags in it. Shaggy told me that he was gonna take it out. I return to the flat two months later, go in the kitchen, and it's still there. They smell made me come very close to throwing up :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    My step-sister.

:lol:
  • Options
    One of my ex flatmates having a midnight snack wearing just his y-fronts. That was pretty fucking horrible.

Man, I miss uni halls :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A cockroach in the fridge, walking on the food. We had to throw everything away...
  • Options
    a banana skin in the fridge that had seen better days*

my mum told me off for disposing of it as soon as possible, because apparently old banana skins are good for getting rid of verrucas :nervous: :yuck:

*understatement of the century
  • Options
    I used to share a 3 bed flat. If I went away for a couple days I would quite often come back to binbags with maggots crawling all over them, saucepans (of boiled carrots) with mould spewing out all over the top and a fridge full of fungus. I think this episode in my life explains my cleaning obsession!
  • Options
    very old kebab meat in the fridge
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by J
    Our adorable little dog once crapped all over the floor, then pissed on it for good measure. :eek2:
    Well, you should be grateful: They were both at the same place, so you had to do less work to clean than if it were in two places. :p
  • Options
    well i was gonna make a funny comment about that but rubbing it in after talking about that pile would just be wrong
  • Options
    A used sanitary towel... and a condom... and a good two centimenters of dirt on the floor.
  • Options
    Dog shite is the worst. I remember when my Mum's last dog was just a pup. I was out on the lash all night and woke up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. So I stumbled downstairs to get some juice and stood in a freshly laid dog-turd.

Nothing like warm shite oozing through your toes at half-past-silly O'clock whilst your pissed to really get the stomach juices going.

I was that pissed and tired that I just hopped through to the downstairs loo and flushed my foot in the toilet a few times to clean the shite off. Throw a pair of socks on and crawled back to my bed.
  • Options
    I once DID have a rat in my kitchen, it was getting in one of the cupboards. You could see the dirty footprints and tail - marks where it had come over the back, inside the cupboard.

They were also in the walls. I could hear them scratching by my head when I was in bed.
  • Options
    when i was 11 i decided to cook a meal for me and my mum. i made chicken tikka. i left the lid off (it was summer) for about 10 mins before realising i should put it on. so i did. i went back to it a bit later and when i took the lid off a fly came out, and on this lump of chicken was 4 MAGGOT EGGS! or whatever you call them. laid on this bit of chicken. the sauce was a red colour so there was such a stark contrast. gross. me and mum wrapped it up in newspaper, stamped on it about 10 times and put it in the bin.
  • Options
    haha dunno about nastiest thing but the other day i started eatting what i thought was vodka and pineapple sorbet/crush just to find it was actually chicken stock :yuck:
  • Options
    LOL. Reminds me of my friend who bit into an olive in a salad, the first time she'd ever tasted an olive, only she'd thought it was a grape! Put her off olives for life.
  • Options
    furry green bread..always look at your loaf before touching it!:yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by nelly_bar
    furry green bread..always look at your loaf before touching it!:yuck:

how about always look before touching anything.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Infinite
    A dying mouse.

we found a dead mouse.

it was under the fridge. we didnt realise it was there until we got a horrid stench :|

twas not nice.

unfortunately, no matter how clean your kitchen is the old edinburgh tenement buildings are ridden with mice :(