Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

weddings

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
what would be your ideal wedding? do you see yourself getting married? what will it be like? will you get married in a church or a civil ceremony.

come on ... all the girlies have (i bet) been thinking about their ideal wedding since they were little. so whats yours?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest, I have never imagined in having a wedding. I mean; I've always wanted to go to one; but not as me being the bride.
  • Options
    I can honestly say, except for a given few occasions I've never thought of a wedding. And after the last few years the only thinking of one I've done is that I don't want one. Damn I'm dull.
  • Options
    Well i don't go to church so i dont see why i should get married in one.

I am so getting married in a castle, oh yes. I dunno i always had this great fascination with castles the middle ages Robin Hood and things when i was little. So now i'm thinking how great would it be to get married in one, decorated all nicely of course no bearskin rugs and what not :p

I've told my boyfriend this he said he don't mind as long as i pay for it :lol:

I have never really thought of my ideal wedding though, when i was younger it was one of that last things that interested me. Weddings don't overly faze me now either.
  • Options
    Ideally if I marry it'll be in some luscious green meadow surrounded by snow-capped mountains, silvery lakes, daisies and buttercups. Straight out a Timotei advert, if that helps ;)

That's the fantasy though, and I suspect that if and when it comes down to planning a wedding I would opt out and go for a civil ceremony and a pretty low-key wedding and reception in general. Too much emphasis on the day and not enough on the life of "wedded bliss" that comes afterwards, I suppose...but it's nice to dream :p
  • Options
    I've never in my life thought about or been obsessed about my 'ideal wedding'.
    I'm not planning to get married, and if I ever change my mind, I want it to be as unfancy as possible. No churches.
  • Options
    My ideal wedding is here:

castlesowerby.jpg

Apparently.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    My ideal wedding is here:

castlesowerby.jpg

Apparently.

It looks nice, quite quaint and remote.

not as good as a castle though
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    It looks nice, quite quaint and remote.

It's in the middle of friggin' nowhere.

Ideal place for an April wedding then :yeees:
  • Options
    id quite like to be married like somewhere up there

mountain%20biking%20holidays%20moab%206.JPG
  • Options
    I want to marry a rich Russian and have two weddings, one at Gleneagles and one in St.Petersburg :D
  • Options
    but still a rather good idea
  • Options
    The Little White Chapel in Vegas :D
    Just the guy and me with Elvis and Marilyn as witnesses.
    I'll be wearing a white bikini top with tiny denim shorts with an Orchid in my hair, and he'll wear shorts with a crisp white shirt and sunglasses.

And we'll get tatoos of each other's names instead of rings.

And have a big party when we get home.:thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Ideal place for an April wedding then

you might want to slip a thermal or two under your suit :yes: my parents were married in april and it snowed. those were the days before churches had heating. my mum says she's never been so cold in her life.

but yeah, my ideal wedding is pretty low key. local church, everyone i love there, gorgeous dress, obviously, but made by me, so pretty cheap. reception afterwards somewhere fun. buffet with proper buffet food - like jacket potatoes, mini sausages, crisps, cucumber sticks and dips, mini kebabs sandwiches cut into 4 triangles :yum: then a cheesy disco so my family can embarrass themselves as they so love to do.

my idea of a hellish wedding is one of those posh, ridiculously expensive dos, where you're so worried you might use the wrong fork that you can't enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my idea of a hellish wedding is one of those posh, ridiculously expensive dos, where you're so worried you might use the wrong fork that you can't enjoy yourself.

very much so.

we are in the middle of (sort of) planning our wedding and we are going for a *very* low key thing; just our parents and siblings there. local registry office and then dinner in one of the local hotels (going to get married in my home which is a little village in the middle of nowhere).

nothing big, just a nice day that the 2 of us can remember.

i dont want a big wedding where we have lots of people who dont really know us but are there for a knees up. i dont even want all my family there (once i invite all my relatives then it would turn into a big wedding). i just want the people who matter to us most to be there.

not sure what i shall wear. i always dreamed of getting married in a long, white wedding dress (NOT a meringue) but for so few people, i dont know.
  • Options
    To be honest, I hope it does snow. It'd be so beautiful- that church is perched right on the edge of a fell in the northern lakes.

We're just inviting immediate family and a few very close friends, but that seems to be 80 people or so. I want a proper meal, though nowt too posh, and then we're having a ceilidh so we can all get pissed and embarrass ourselves with class :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

totally.

I think I'd just want a quiet wedding in a church. I'm too shy to have hundreds of people there.
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    I dont want a big wedding where we have lots of people who dont really know us but are there for a knees up. i dont even want all my family there (once i invite all my relatives then it would turn into a big wedding). i just want the people who matter to us most to be there.

yep, I think I'd prefer that too :thumb:
  • Options
    I havent thought about it loads, all i know is i want to get married in a church and want a gorgeous wedding dress.. i already know what sort of dress i want :D
  • Options
    I am getting married here:

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/site/request/setTemplate:singlecontent/contentTypeA/conWebDoc/contentId/11280

So I guess that is my dream wedding - in december - which I always wanted and its at 16.30 so it will be in the dark which I always wanted, the only thing I can't have which I always wanted is candles - however I think we are going to have lots of fairy lights instead.

Ohh and I soooooooooooooo not wearing white

The main point is that there has to be lots of fooooood and drink and dancing!!!
  • Options
    I'm getting married in a castle, a place where, me and before me, my mum and before that my gran used to play :D it's beautiful! not decided on honeymoon yet
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    id quite like to be married like somewhere up there

mountain%20biking%20holidays%20moab%206.JPG

So you can push them off instead of telling them no at the alter? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    So you can push them off instead of telling them no at the alter? :p

..Pretty much what I was thinking. That rock looks scary :eek:
  • Options
    am i the only one then that wants the traditional white wedding? :eek2:

i'm already looking for dresses even tho me and James have decided not to actually get married until about 2 years time.

i want a proper church wedding, even tho i'm not religious....

and then a buffet and disco thingy in a pub afterwards so everyone can get drunk and tell me how beautiful i look in my dress :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    Thats just greedy :p

No its generous, its means more people get to be bridesmaids, mine/his family don't get offended AND i get two full outfits :D
  • Options
    i've never really thought about it to be honest! i used to think i wanted it in a church, now i'm not sure. hmm.