Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Washing up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes a very exciting topic ;).

So do you do yours the same night or the morning after? Or other :eek2: .

Anyone admit ot things growing in their bedrooms?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Washing up
    Originally posted by Tweety

Anyone admit ot things growing in their bedrooms?

Huh? :):confused:
  • Options
    Ok Tweety you've got me! Every morning I take a cup of tea back to bed with me to wake up properly and I never finish it, so it stays there until the next morning when it is replaced with a fresh cup! Lol.

I hate washing up. :(
  • Options
    Re: Re: Washing up
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    Huh? :):confused:

You know having stuff like a cup you have forgoten about & it grows.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

and me. necessary evil.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ok Tweety you've got me! Every morning I take a cup of tea back to bed with me to wake up properly and I never finish it, so it stays there until the next morning when it is replaced with a fresh cup! Lol.

Only a day? :p
  • Options
    the old dishwasher does it for us ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    the old dishwasher does it for us ;)

I have never had one we couldn't afford it :(.
  • Options
    theyre not that expensive, im sure you can get one if you look about in the sales. im not sure how much ours cost us but i swear, you wont look back, my granny got one a few weeks ago and she says she wished she got one years ago.
  • Options
    I hate the washing up. Its my worst ever household chore, and im the only one who ever does it. It gets done about once every two or three days. I know thats gross, but i just try and ignore it. It hasnt killed any of us yet. Our immune systems are fabulous - they have to be.
  • Options
    have a looky here

by the way i dont work for currys ;)
  • Options
    We usually wash the dishes once every 3 days... but we place them all in the sink, so things only grow in there...
  • Options
    have a looky here

by the way i dont work for currys ;)

She can't afford one! Plus they use more electricity and water than washing by hand so she'd be incurring more expense there too.
  • Options
    My mum does the washing up but I have to help it find its way to the sink from my bedroom as my mum won't come & collect it:D
  • Options
  • Options
    David Grohl that is still a hell of a lot of money to me. Bumblebee is right i can't afford one.
    I have to wash James's bottles anyway which i wouldn't trust a dishwasher to do properly.

I used to be really bad & only wash up when everything needed washing lol:o .
    I have got really good since being with Chris though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

God, the arguments over whose turn it is!

Lol we don't get that, whoever cooks, the other washes up.
  • Options
    i love my dishwasher...

at uni, hopefully it'll be as soon as. no dishwasher tho :(
  • Options

I have to wash James's bottles anyway which i wouldn't trust a dishwasher to do properly.

i would always wash the babys bottles by hand, i'd make sure its done properly myself as well. well i know what to get you for your birthday ;)
  • Options
    i would always wash the babys bottles by hand, i'd make sure its done properly myself as well. well i know what to get you for your birthday ;)
    ooh can i have one too.
    mine and tweetys birthdays have just gone, so if you want you can just get them now.
  • Options

Yes you do :D.
    how about a late pressie as i had it in July? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    ooh can i have one too.
    mine and tweetys birthdays have just gone, so if you want you can just get them now.

lol:D
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Yeah, that's how it works in theory..... ;)

heh true. Well i normally end up doing it here, but i don't mine too much as i hate cooking.
  • Options
    Well I don't have a dishwasher either, for one thing there isn't a space for it in my kitchen.

As you can imagine a family the size of mine makes a LOT of washing up and I find the best way to do it is as you go along. I mean like, wash up after each meal, wash any bits in between as you finish with them and even wash up bits and pieces when I'm cooking where possible. That way you avoid great big piles of washing up which, let's face it, NO-ONE wants to do.

Failing that I've always got my eldest to help me with it. He's getting quite domesticated now. (I don't want him to become one of these men whose Mummy did everything for him and doesn't know what Fairy Liquid is.) Mr. Miffy can't wash up because what with a combination of being 6'2" and having a spinal injury it kills him to do it. My next eldest is a little young yet, he can't reach the sink properly. So it's just me and M.
  • Options
    There's a dishwasher here at home.

I sometimes had to do the dishes when I worked at the stables. It mainly consisted of washing the mugs with ice cold water before leaving them to dry. ;)
  • Options
    heh true. Well i normally end up doing it here, but i don't mine too much as i hate cooking.

Yeah, when I lived with my ex, I usually did the washing up, as I don't like cooking. I really don't mind it all that much, although I object to my housemates leaving tons for me to do (I live in a student house with 3 other people). Me and one of my housemates usually take it in turns to wash up the evening meal stuff. If it's him, he does it in the evening, as he works, but I leave it til the next day, as I'm unemployed at the moment...
  • Options
    In the flat all dish washing was done by hand. Most of it was done after the evening meal but some was done during the day. I used to also wash as I went along when cooking like Miffy does. That way you didn't have a shit-load to do after your chow down.

In the house though there was a dishwasher in the kitchen and was great. Only problem I found with it though was to make it more cost-effective it was best to fill it completely with dirty dishes. So as the day wore on we started to run out of glasses and stuff. :mad:

So had to go out and buy more cups, glasses, etc....
  • Options
    I used to hate washing up. I used to do it every other day. Until we got a dishwasher that is. Off to uni soon though, so gonna have to get the old rubber gloves out again.
  • Options
    Am I the only person who washes something straight after using it rather than letting it pile up in the sink? :confused:
  • Options
    Ha. I cook for us everyday so my boyfriend washes up :D designated jobs and all that, i'm not complaining cooking is the fun part where i get to pretend to be a housewife or something.

Although the mugs and cups left in my room are a different story many times they have been left there a week plus, you would be suprised how quickly mould spreads. Bleugh it's grosse, but my dad normally removes the offending objects when he gets mardy, and i get the speech about attracting mice etc.

I never understood why we have never bought a dish washer :(