Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

recovering data

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i lent my mate a video cd of the adult form, my only one, and well next day hes covered it in scratches, can copy most of the data file from it, but only last 10megs fails, is there anyway of getting the rest of that file, even if its incomplete, so i can convert it into mpeg again

Comments

• Options
    I find CloneCD good for copying scrached CDs. Try it, see if it works.
  • Options
    doesnt work, believe ill jsut try downloaing it.... take forever :(
  • Options
    As it's a CD-ROM, what about one of those cleaners that polish the disk up? It might just work.
  • Options
    nah i got it go finally by trying to copy the .dat file across with film on it, to my harddrive, waiting for it to get to end, and cancelling and non-shut down turn off computer soit didnt have time to delete the temp file, and then i ran my vcd ripper program onthat file and turning dud segments into empty film ;)
  • Options
    i had a similar problem with a disc ...the only machine i ever saw was in a shopping centre called cheshire oaks ...you puts your disc in ...puts your quid in ...and watch the disc get blasted with liquid ...it comes out like new ...from what i understand ...it skims off a fine layer of the surface ...it worked. the disc was like new.