Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

London Dungeon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone been, is it any good, and how long should I allow for a visit?

Ta :D

Comments

• Options
    It's good for youngsters and also (slightly) informative. The visit should only last half a day, but theres a lot of stuff to walk round and I think there's even a log flume type of indoor ride. Is quite a laugh, definately worth doing if you're bored.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I soooo wanted to go last time I was in London! But I don't remember why I didn't, and then this year I didn't go, so not until next year... if it still exists.
  • Options
    excuse me for being a country bumpkin but but ...whhaaa?
  • Options
    It's like a semi-educational tourist attraction. Goes through looking at the more morbid aspects of London's history with lots of plastic models and people dressed in funny costumes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    excuse me for being a country bumpkin but but ...whhaaa?

:o
    Originally posted by morrocan roll a while ago
    right ...if none of you can reconise such a landmark in your own capital city ...i mean this things big ...popular ...people come from all over the world

I think it's in top ten most visited places in the UK. :p
  • Options
    It is one of those places that the majority of people you meet have been on a day trip there and probably own a mug or t shirt. They even have one in Yorkshire; The Yorkshire Dungeon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    :o

I think it's in top ten most visited places in the UK. :p
    doc ...you are shit hot there!
    bastard. i realy did laugh out loud there!
  • Options
  • Options
    Aww, it's a good family day out. I think I went when I was about 8/9, and I enjoyed it. It's educational aswell as fun, and the guide that shows you round is all dressed up and puts on an eery voice and stuff. There's loads of different sections and rooms for different historical re-inactments. (I.E. Jack the Ripper). There's lots of information on things like nursery rhymes, and the reason for them etc. From what I remember, there's quite alot to see there, and the guides only take you certain parts of the Dungeons, and only at certain times, so you have to catch the nearest one, so to speak. I think you'd probably need a couple of hours in there to enjoy it to the max, but I did visit a while ago now so don't quote me on that!

Enjoy :D
  • Options
    was there bout this time last year on a date belive it or not... good memorys!

but i would definatly say go and have a visit!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I think I went when I was about 8/9...
    Wow, I didn't know it was that old. I had never heard of it before 2003.