Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

why have pop ups suddenly been blocked?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I havent done anything to my pc, so how can I have a pop up blocker? when a pop up is denied, it says so in the corner of my browser...whats going on? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    If you have Windows XP and automatic updates switched on, it's probably updated itself to Service Pack 2 which includes a popup blocker and various other security enhancements
  • Options
    thanks!

but I have W98 :(
  • Options
    oh o_O

fuck knows then, probably some dodgy Internet Explorer toolbar that installed itself on it's own,

try running adaware www.lavasoftusa.com or spybot search and destroy on your computer to get rid of that shíte.
  • Options
    Originally posted by noog
    oh o_O

fuck knows then, probably some dodgy Internet Explorer toolbar that installed itself on it's own,

try running adaware www.lavasoftusa.com or spybot search and destroy on your computer to get rid of that shíte.
    thanks, i'll try it!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    What browser are you using? Some have a built-in popup blocker, so maybe someone else who's using the computer switched it on?
  • Options
    Originally posted by noog
    oh o_O

i'm downloading this now, i seem to have 3 extra tools bars and i've been getting about 10 dodgey looking emails every day on my Outlook that i daren't open it now!
  • Options
    what scan mode should i choose? or shud i run them all?
  • Options
    yes i've sorted it!