Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Few questions concerning selling a computer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Firstly, could anyone give a rough estimate how much I may get for a second hand 7GB, Pentium III, 451MHz, 64MB RAM full setup computer (minus printer)?

Also, are there any parts from inside that I could nab for my new computer without affecting the selling price too much, or is this just not worth it?

Comments

• Options
    well bear in mind i bought a p2, 200mhz PC with 64 meg of ram, with a 4gb hard drive fully working for £30 off of ebay, so you're probably looking for about £50-£100 ish.

and in my opinion it wouldnt be worth seperating the parts, but thats just my opinion
  • Options
    I'd say between 100 and 150 quid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I'd say between 100 and 150 quid.

well if you bear in mind the fact that i brought a brand new computer with the following specs:

AMD Athlon XP1800+
    512 DDR Ram
    40gb Hard Drive
    CD:RW Drive
    e.t.c - fully working for £300 brand new.

So getting £150 for that pc second hand doesnt seem likely
  • Options
    In your local paper, I'd say about £100 ish. Ask £125 or offers, and take the first offer around £100. If it had a printer you could ask for another £20 ish.
  • Options
    if your building a new comp, id put the DVD/CD rewriter drive in there, and maybe your hard drive temporaily as a backup physical, then youd get nothing for rest of comp basicaly

i literally gave away a p3 500+motherboard and ram and psu and voodoo 3000 agp for £10 lol

was gona chuck it anyway, but someone i knew wanted a replacement gateay