Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help, Letter of complaint to BT

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had problems with my internet connection and services with BT so I have drafted this e-mail,

any advice on how to ulter it would be much appriciated
Dear Sir/madam

I am writing on behalf of my mother in which the account is named in

I have been using BT broadband for a few months, I started off by using BT broadband basic, the Dsl/broadband took longer than expected to get set up, Various problems occurred and I was very displeased with but I do understand due to complications with the local exchange (silver end). we have no upgraded to the standard connection and experienced some problems with the Dsl connection, it kept losing connection and disconnecting me from the internet, we use a phone extension cord and I tried on the main line and experienced the same problems, now we’ve had problems with our voyager 105 modem, when connected for long times the modem heats up and starts disconnecting my connection, then when it does connect will only stay connected for a few minutes, Every time I do use the BT help line and phone up the service I receive is very poor and overall I am displeased with the quality of service, ever since upgrading to broadband we’ve hand countless problems. I know for a fact that this isn’t caused by my pc as it has always been reliable and system health checks show that it is in perfect working order, thus the only problems can either be with the local exchange (silver end) our modem or our line, I have tried countless times to get through on the help line and I can never get through as it is always busy. I am very displeased with the services that I have received from BT,

Yours sincerely
G. Hood

Comments

• Options
    That's crap.

Too colloquial, too informal, and not "don't-fuck-with-me" enough.

Go away and think of some long words.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    That's crap.

Too colloquial, too informal, and not "don't-fuck-with-me" enough.

Go away and think of some long words.

im trying, english isn't my strong point, could you please help,
  • Options
    paragraphs.......they lack em. Im crap at writing letters, but yes that stuck out to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    paragraphs.......they lack em. Im crap at writing letters, but yes that stuck out to me.

• Options
    I'm also having problem with ordering the sentences aswell:(
  • Options
    Leave out the 'I'm writing on behalf of my mother' - it's irrelevant and will probably increase the likelihood of them disregarding the letter altogether.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Leave out the 'I'm writing on behalf of my mother' - it's irrelevant and will probably increase the likelihood of them disregarding the letter altogether.

thanks,
  • Options
    1st Flange 1901

To whom it may concern,

Re: Problems with BT Broadband service.

I am writing to state my displeasure with the service provided by British Telecommunications with regards to my broadband service.

I initially used BT Broadband's basic package, and I was extremely dissatisfied with the length of time it took to create the account and to allow me to access the internet. Whilst I appreciate that there were some technical issues, the service was not satisfactory.

I have since upgraded to your standard broadband package, and the service has not improved. The connection is not constant, and the modem is prone to overheating, at which time the connection is lost and cannot be retrieved. I have attempted to use your helpline services and have found the service and advice offered to be inaccessible and of a very poor quality.

The problems with the broadband connections are not to do with my computer or telephone equipment.

The service I have received has been significantly below what I would expect from British Telecommunications, and I would ask for a speedy resolution to these difficulties.

Regards,
    hellfire's mum.

Don't send it from you, and don't send it in an email.
  • Options
    Thanks loads kermit, thats wonderful
  • Options
    they never reply to emails anyway
  • Options
    Dear Sir/madam

I am writing on behalf of my mother in which the account is named in.

I have been a BT Broadband user for several months, originally using the BT Broadband Basic package. The DSL/broadband took much longer than expected to install and set up, and I experienced various problems throughout the process. Although I understand that these problems occurred due to issues with the local exchanged (silver end), I am still very dissatisfied at having experienced such complications.

We have now chosen to upgrade to the standard connection, but have recently experienced yet more problems with the DSL connection, which regularly disconnects itself from the internet. I attempted to connect to the internet through the main phone line, but once again experienced the same problems. In addition to this, we are now experiencing problems with our voyager 105 modem, which when connected for long periods of time overheats and disconnects from the internet, and will thereafter only stay connected for a few minutes.

I have attempted on several occasions to use the BT help line in order to gain assistance with these issues, but have been disgusted at the poor service I have received. The help line is clearly providing an inadequate service as it is constantly busy, and I am extremely unhappy at the lack of assistance and guidance that I have received from staff concerning my particular internet problems on the rare occasions my calls have been answered.

My PC has always been reliable and system health checks show that it is in perfect working condition, thus the problems can only originate from the local exchange (silver end), our personal modem line or your poor quality service.

I am extremely disgusted at the services (or lack thereof) that I have received from BT, and hope that these issues will be addressed and dealt with promptly and accordingly.

Yours sincerely
    G. Hood

hehe its always good to get some practise with complaints letters!
  • Options
    Cool:) thanks
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    as for the modem ... download the latest drivers. That will probably solve the intermittant drop of connection.

Secondly, don't put dsl on an extention cable. It will ALWAYS lose speed there. If you do decide to use one, buy a proper one, not one you've had laying about the house for donkeys years.

Thirdly .. Start with a polite letter, then if there is no answer from their customer service, send another, with a heavier tone - that way they will not use the excuse that they won't deal with arsey fuckwit customers.

thanks, james the cable is a brand new one and I got the latest drivers, thats alot though :)
  • Options
    if the modem is overheating and dropping the connection thats bugger all to do with BT
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by MrG
    if the modem is overheating and dropping the connection thats bugger all to do with BT

'tis if the modem was supplied by BT as part of the package.
  • Options
    then thats a problem with the modem and nothing to do with the broadband connection/service that they are providing

different matter
  • Options
    it's their service though
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG

Modem - free from BT - faulty modem - faulty goods
  • Options
    yes but the letter you are writing is about the broadband service they are providing

if you used your own router/modem and the service was fine, then its the modem and the service is fine

seperate letter or seperate points in the letter complaining about the bad service and the bad product