Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Music in the Gym

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My gym always has music playing in the background, but for the very first time I took my own player into the gym with my own collection of tunes and boy did it make a real difference

Normally I'm totally bored on the skiiing machine after 10 minutes with my own tunes I was still going strong after 30 minutes and could have gone longer.

I was really surprised how much easier it is to workout to music, espacially music familar to yourself!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Music in the Gym
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    My gym always has music playing in the background, but for the very first time I took my own player into the gym with my own collection of tunes and boy did it make a real difference

Normally I'm totally bored on the skiiing machine after 10 minutes with my own tunes I was still going strong after 30 minutes and could have gone longer.

I was really surprised how much easier it is to workout to music, espacially music familar to yourself!!!

i agree i always take my mini ipod to the gym with me... the only thing is i don't like treadmills so i go running on a track and i hook my ipod on my pants and it always pulls them down... :yeees:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Music in the Gym
    Originally posted by Angel121077
    i agree i always take my mini ipod to the gym with me... the only thing is i don't like treadmills so i go running on a track and i hook my ipod on my pants and it always pulls them down... :yeees:

Ha HA, let's see the pics!!!

I almost bought a little MP3 player for the gym specifically but I have a nice Pocket PC which isn;t good for much else aprt from playing music so thought why waste the oney and have another redundant thing, already have two Minidisc players I don't hardly touch!!
  • Options
    lol-hmm what a site! hehe

I'm lucky as my gym does play music-but downstairs it has a machines area in front of tvs (4 channels) and then 4 channels of radio-this is good as it means there is always something to occupy my mind to forget the time!

Last week I was able to watch er-then third watch and work around 5 different pieces of equipment!

Earlier in the year I used to make a beeline for the equipment in front of the tv with bbc1 so I could watch kids show Arthur! Every single day! Sad yeh-but at least I used my tv addiction to good use!