Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

demo tape ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so far i've got pennyroaly tea by nirvana and ironic by alanis morrisette for my demo, but i need one more upbeat song, and i can't think of anything thats a bit rockish, but not heavy that would fit with these 2....any ideas people?

thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    supersonic oasis
  • Options
    A demo tape? What for? You covering tracks and sending them to those horrid A&R guy's?
  • Options
    You won't get anywhere doing covers. Ever.

If you want to do a demo tape then write your own material.

Those I've known who've made it to a level higher than playing pub busking nights have always made it through giving demo CDs to bands they go to see play.

Try to get backstage, mail demos to the bands you like, throw them at them when they're on stage, that kind of thing.

Reputable rock record labels won't sign people based on them sending tapes of them singing someone elses songs.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.
  • Options
    i'm doing a demo tape of covers so i can get some backing vocals work, so i can pay for my singing lessons, recording costs, guitar lessons, travel, printing costs, ect......

and i'm thinking of jolene now as the final song.
  • Options
    *bump*

PM me if you need any help, I can give some advice of most stuff to do with music. I know how A&R guy's work, I spent enough time being rejected befire the unthinkable.