Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Famous schoolfriends?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the guy who played percy wesley in harry potter

last years regional rip curl champion from the school i went to in devon,

one of my older friends is very good mates with matt belamy from muse.....i was gonna meet him but i had to move the same day.:(
  • Options
    harhar
    Originally posted by J
    Were you the only princess though?

/cheese :p

smooth j, smooth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    the lead singer of the band "Placebo" graduated at my highschool (european school in luxemburg) :rolleyes:

i love you now!!!!!! brian!!!!!
  • Options
    My school had famous rugby league players - Andy Gregory, Paul Johnson and Shaun Long went there, and also Adrian Shelford teached at our school a couple of years ago. (Don't know how well people know rugby league on here)
  • Options
    Paula Radcliffe went to my upper school, and boy, did they go on about it... :rolleyes: I dread to think what it's like now, since i left 4 years ago and she wasn't really heard of then...
  • Options
    Anna Brecon and Sally Clarke, snore.
  • Options
    paul hunter was in my brother's primary class.

and gabby logan went to my high school, but they were always more concerned about her little brother, daniel, who dropped dead one day when he was 15. bless.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone famous went to my school. We used to have a P.E teacher that went off to coach Chesterfield FC. Also another P.E teacher used to play for Neath RFC. That's about as good as it get's.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ah yes, I was just reminded. The gym teacher we had at my school a couple of years before I left used to coach a football team.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    the lead singer of the band "Placebo" graduated at my highschool (european school in luxemburg) :rolleyes:

:D i so love him
  • Options
    When I started school there was a girl who had left a couple of years before hand who did a couple of episodes of Top of the Pops but wasn't very good.

Other than that amasingly there were no other famouse people at the school except for Richmal Crompton - who wrote the Just Willam books and was a teacher there about 40 years before I started.

There were lots of famous peoples children there including the daughter of either Hale or Pace - I can't remember which one and one of Vanessa Fetlz's daughters.

One of the girls who was in my class is the sister of the girl who played Pauline Quirks youngest daughter on that TV show about living on a farm and my sister went to college with a bloke who was in Grange Hill and also the Muppets Chirstmas Carol.
  • Options
    My school was graced with my presence, thats the biggest honor they'll ever have. :D

I don't think anyone famous has ever come out of Llanelli though, feel free to prove me wrong (without mentioning Jessica Garlik!).
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Yarr!! That wench Jessie wallace (Kat from 'enders) went to my school, and Zoe from the same show went to the primary school down the road.
  • Options
    wellll i'll go for old school as i dunno about in college.
    steve ryder, a channel 4 news reader and (i think) dave berry although i may be wrong are all old roanians. theres a helluva a load of c-lists that have graduated from the local schools though. did anyone say rio ferdinand and brother?

urmm oh, one of the girls in my year is on the english womens u21 team for footie
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    wellll i'll go for old school as i dunno about in college.
    steve ryder, a channel 4 news reader and (i think) dave berry although i may be wrong are all old roanians. theres a helluva a load of c-lists that have graduated from the local schools though. did anyone say rio ferdinand and brother?

urmm oh, one of the girls in my year is on the english womens u21 team for footie

Who is Dave Berry and why is he famous???

Rio went to Blue Coats didn't he, ohhh and you forgot the shoe bomber bloke who went to Thomas Tallis!!
  • Options
    he's an mtv presenter.
    yeah rio was a bluecoat. mucho rivalry between them and us.
    haha yeah the shoe bomber guy! one of their teachers apparently was telling the kids how he could've done more damage!

what school were you at then?
  • Options
    I didn't go to school in Blackheath as I didn't grow up there but in Orpington. However I do guides over the other side of the heath hence my knowledge of local schools, most of my guides go to tallis or travel miles to go to grammer schools in other boroughs.

The shoe bomber was born in the same hospital as me which was a mildly exciting relvelation.
  • Options
    Paula Radcliffe went to my primary school and Gary Barlow lives down the road from me. Oh and Nicola from GirlsAloud lives about 15mins away from me. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Paula Radcliffe went to my primary school

What area of the country do you live? I heard she was born in cheshire, but she went to my upper school (not in Birmingham, in Bedfordshire) , so just intrigued about when she moved...
  • Options
    I went to school with Kelly, Jack and Aimee Osborne....
  • Options
    Oh, and one of the girls in my year is in the England U21 Hockey team and both the former and current head of rugby at my school played county/a bit of national rugby. The current head's son, who's a friend of a friend, brought videos of them on BBC1 and everything for a talk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Wyetry
    I didn't go to school in Blackheath as I didn't grow up there but in Orpington.
    ahh my ex was at st. olaves orpington's nice
  • Options
    Ahhhh clearly you have never lived there - it looks nice and everything on the surface but its evil underneath - far to much petty crime and the like going on - I know far to many people who have been mugged and burgled and there is too much of a rich poor divide thingy.
  • Options
    Anyone remember that Canadian teacher who was sacked for having sex with pupils?? She used to teach at my school a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sniper666
    Anyone remember that Canadian teacher who was sacked for having sex with pupils?? She used to teach at my school a couple of years ago.

Oooer.. I heard about it, was she a nice teacher or a real munter?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Oooer.. I heard about it, was she a nice teacher or a real munter?

She was ok, she wasn't in any of my lessons, but took some of my friends science lessons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sniper666
    She was ok, she wasn't in any of my lessons, but took some of my friends science lessons.

Ooo fit;) well would you have banged her:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Ooo fit;) well would you have banged her:p

nah probs not
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_lcfc
    emile heskey and gary lineker went to my sister's old school years before she did. one or two of the leicester tigers used to go to my school.

The Linekers live up my road - his wife Michelle nearly ran over my dog a couple of months ago coming round the bend too quickly.

Lenny Henry and Dawn French's daughter Billie went to my primary school and then to my secondary school too, and Fergie's daughters Beatrice and Eugenie went to my first primary school.

ETA: and Howard Jones's two kids went to my last school; but I only realised he was famous a few days ago!
  • Options
    The kid from "my parents are aliens" went to my old school.
    And I think but I'm not sure kelly brook, well she may as well have I mean we like the same things: "Eating, Drinking, Yoga.".