Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

opinions need!am i making the right desicion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i split up with my boyfriend about a week ago,due to several reasons: i didn't think i loved him anymore, i didn't look forward to seeing him much anymore, i didn't miss him when he was away from me, i didn't want to kiss him anymore, didn't want to do any sexual activities with him anymore. so i told him and finished it, recently i met up with him and he gave me an ultimatum; by tomorrow i have to have my mind made up; if i want to get back with him he will have me back, but if i don't he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, no contact or nothing, wants to cut me out of his life completely. even though i would like to still be his friend, because he has been such a big part of my life over the past 11 and a half months. i don't want to cut him out of my life completely. i have to tel him tomorrow my choice, which is no (at the moment), and then it will be a permanant choice. i'm worried that in the future what if i want him back. at the moment i don't. it wouldn't be right for me to get back with him just for the sake of it would it;wouldn't be fair on his behalf or mine. + it wouldn't be right for me to go with him because of the way i feel about him, which i've listed above.
what do you think? can i have your opinions please. thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    hhhm :chin: sounds like a very tough decison and i think he's put you in a very difficult place! This is just his way of dealing with you ending things - id imagine it'd be hard for him to be mates with you if he wanted more than that, and you didnt!
    To be honest, if i was in your place, id say that i dont want to get back with him! i know you dont want to cut him out of your life, but there isnt a way that you 2 can just be friends (it'd be too hard for him) Even if you both agreed to try at a friendship, it'd be very hard+may end up with no contact anyways!!
    At the end of the day, the decision is down to you, but i wouldn't get back with him just for the sake of keeping a friend (just remember all the reasons you finished things - i think you did the right things there BTW)
    Hope this helps
    SBG
  • Options
    to be honest having to make a decision of cutting off all contact, your never going to be 100% sure, ut you have to outweigh the feelings.

What would you rather? Get back together and be miserable, or cope with never contacting him again?

If you stay with your current decision, think it totally through and make sure it isnt a spur of the moment decision. Have you been feeling like this for long? and have you felt like this before but then the feeling went again? If you can honestly say you dont care if your not a couple anymore then go ahead.
  • Options
    thanks SBG. i will remember what you said. i just feel like i need reassurance from other people to know that i'm doing the right thing, because i feel really guilty about it as it is, n i dnt want to feel as if i've made a huge mistake, that's why i like people's opinions because then i feel more reassured, like i'm doing the right thing.thanks.
  • Options
    yes, i have felt like this for about three weeks now. and i haven't felt like it before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bluelagoon
    thanks SBG. i will remember what you said. i just feel like i need reassurance from other people to know that i'm doing the right thing, because i feel really guilty about it as it is, n i dnt want to feel as if i've made a huge mistake, that's why i like people's opinions because then i feel more reassured, like i'm doing the right thing.thanks.

your welcome :D Its only natural to feel guilty when you break up with somebody, but it hurts them more in the long run if you stay in a relationship where you are unhappy :yes:
    Just think, you'll both be able to move on more easily+a few years from now you may bump into each other+be over all this, so a friendship may come out of this yet
    SBG
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    your welcome :D Its only natural to feel guilty when you break up with somebody, but it hurts them more in the long run if you stay in a relationship where you are unhappy :yes:
    Just think, you'll both be able to move on more easily+a few years from now you may bump into each other+be over all this, so a friendship may come out of this yet
    SBG

have to agree with you on this sponge bobs girl
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    have to agree with you on this sponge bobs girl

i'm with you on this one! So much easier to get over someone and move on when you don't see/speak to them!
  • Options
    Re: opinions need!am i making the right desicion?
    Originally posted by bluelagoon
    i split up with my boyfriend about a week ago,due to several reasons: i didn't think i loved him anymore, i didn't look forward to seeing him much anymore, i didn't miss him when he was away from me, i didn't want to kiss him anymore, didn't want to do any sexual activities with him anymore. so i told him and finished it, recently i met up with him and he gave me an ultimatum; by tomorrow i have to have my mind made up; if i want to get back with him he will have me back, but if i don't he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, no contact or nothing, wants to cut me out of his life completely. even though i would like to still be his friend, because he has been such a big part of my life over the past 11 and a half months. i don't want to cut him out of my life completely. i have to tel him tomorrow my choice, which is no (at the moment), and then it will be a permanant choice. i'm worried that in the future what if i want him back. at the moment i don't. it wouldn't be right for me to get back with him just for the sake of it would it;wouldn't be fair on his behalf or mine. + it wouldn't be right for me to go with him because of the way i feel about him, which i've listed above.
    what do you think? can i have your opinions please. thankyou.

For fuck's sake, can't you write in paragraphs?!! :lol: :cool: :hyper:
  • Options
    Re: Re: opinions need!am i making the right desicion?
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    For fuck's sake, can't you write in paragraphs?!! :lol: :cool: :hyper:

Can't you post in a thread without using an excessive amount of smileys.

Can't you get a life and stop trying to annoy people on forums?
  • Options
    Can't you stop following me around and telling me to 'behave'?

You have no absolute control over what I post.