Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Middle East at it again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Breaking news here, clearly the barrier isn't working.

Will they ever have peace?

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    clearly isn't working? It's the first attack for months duck! Clearly is working. just there is a slight problme due to the attack.

To be fair there have been luls in attacks in the past. I hardly think an attack in a town that has up until now managed to avoid the violence a slight problem.

The barrier is also illegal. So will have to be dismantled eventually, what is Israel going to do then? Nuke the gaza strip?
  • Options
    not this yet again.... the barrier up until now has prooved a sucess.

it doesn't change the fact that it is illegal, and that I posted a source on the experiences of a woman living by the wall watching it not work.
  • Options
  • Options
    Executing every last Palestinian man, woman and child would put an end to suicide bombings. Would you consider that option acceptable?

The end does not justify the means. The barrier is an illegal and completely unacceptable monstrosity that causes untold misery to countless thousands people and steals yet more land.
  • Options
    not this yet again.... the barrier up until now has prooved a sucess.

Not this yet again.

It hasn't. Unless you listen to the Nazi, sorry, Likud, Party.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Not this yet again.

It hasn't. Unless you listen to the Nazi, sorry, Likud, Party.

it's that tone I like, the sardonic, sarcastic tone, where you are always sending someone up.
  • Options
    So far 12 people killed in something resemblingthis , and yet I haven't heard even one of you even implying towards a condemnation.

Says a lot about the self-righteousness among you.

And Kermit, the Nazi comparison... Weak.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Condemnation doesn't need to be uttered, it's that obvious.

However, that doesn't mean that Israel are granted some sort of moral dominance, because Israel's actions since 1947 has bred the current climate of terrorism.

And Jacq, I am still awaiting your condemnation of the fact that for every Israeli life that is taken, something like 20 Palestinian children die because of Israeli actions.

Like it or not, both sides are just as bad as each other. The Palestinians have suicide bombers, but Israel have F16s and Apaches. It's still needless death, although of course to you Israel are prefectly justified in shooting dead any person who disagrees with what they do.
  • Options
    Condemnations is needed, when people like you compare us to Nazis on a public internet board.
    As someone never having visited this site, stumbling upon this thread... what would your sentiments be?

I have never supported the killings of innocent Palestinians and have said so a lot of times. Right now, I just don't believe that I should have to repeat it, as bodyparts of Israelis are shattered all over the place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Condemnation doesn't need to be uttered, it's that obvious.

although of course to you Israel are prefectly justified in shooting dead any person who disagrees with what they do.

And please stop putting words into my mouth.
  • Options
    They need to stop the bombings if they ever want peace - but then again Israel are annexing parts of Palestine! It's awful but neither side will back down until the other is destroyed, one day when an intelligent, sensible person can actually take a step back and start to compromise then the situation will get better.

Building a huge wall and sending in tanks isn't going to end the conflict. Neither is bombing buses. Why can't they see this over in Israel and Palestine? (or perhaps, there are some who think that these courses of actions will eventually lead to a conclusion??)
  • Options
    And Kermit, the Nazi comparison... Weak

Once again as much as you wish to live in denial, the principle that exists behind Nazi actions toward Jews is very demonstrably comparable to what the Israeli GOVERNMENT and its policies have been and are doing to Palestinians.

You wish to ignore the principle that remains constant and is simply the expression of evil which can infect Israeli politics as much as it can and has infected fascist politics in any other country.

Simply because your leaders are Jewish doesnt give them some holy immunity from evil actions and those who have witnessed the atrocities of the never ending occupation and creeping expansionism of the Zionist state and have written volumes on the subject are testiment to that fact.

Whether you like it or not a pogrom is a pogrom whether perpetrated AGAINST Jews or BY them against others and in principle remains just as evil. That is what Kermit quite rightly emphasizes by his comparison.

Try thinking about how many Palestinian women and children have died under the heavy armaments and regular IDF sniper shootings over the past half century or more, how many have watched their houses bulldozed and left to struggle in squalor whilst the average Israeli enjoys his wonderful outdoor cafes.

The Warsaw ghetto is now the occupied territories regardless of whether your Likhudnik ideological sensibilities wish to acknowledge it or not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Condemnations is needed, when people like you compare us to Nazis on a public internet board.

But Jacq, the Sharon regime does act like a right-wing fascist regime. The examples are countless- illegal annexations, ghetto formation, banning the Palestinian partners of Israelis from living in Israel, shooting dead or running over war protestors with heavy machinery, those are just a few examples from a very very long list.

Israelis who vote for the Likud Party deserve condemnation as fascists, because that is what they are.

You say you have never supported the killing of innocent Palestinians, but I am still awaiting condemnation of the actions of the Israeli army in killing two war protestors, before we even get onto the issue of the shooting of Palestinian children.
  • Options
    And let us remember that brutality against Palestinians by the IDF occurs EVERY DAY, but does the corporate news spin machine report it daily? Does it heck!

Yet let there be one act against an Israeli bus or cafe or what have you and the coverage goes on for hours, sensationalising every aspect of the gore and giving the Likhudniks yet another lengthy platform to roll out their ministers and experts to say what terrorists the Palestinians are.

Utter decontextualisation of the daily conflict and no mention of the neverending suffering inflicted on Palestinians by Israeli militancy.

The whole picture is one long PR campaign to reinforce the Pro-Zionist status quo.
  • Options
    Following from here and what wheresmyplacebo said
    and i hope that the israeli government realise it needs to make first move and negotiate a peace settlement with palestinian authority, not the militant groups
    Do you think that the best move for Israel to make would be to return to the 1967 borders, or would that make no difference to the region?