Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Odd problem.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*gone*

Comments

• Options
    Do you have problems with dyslexia too?
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    Was that an actual question or a mean dig at my spelling?

an actual question, i would imagine.

dylexia and dyspraxia often go hand in hand, and that can have symptoms like the ones you describe. there's a dyspraxic that posts here, so she might pop along and enlighten us.

i'm a little like you, but i have no excuses, i'm just clumsy. must learn to think before i act.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I am clumsy. But when I was smaller it used to be much worse. What helped was when I was signed up for a ballet class. It helped me control and coordinate my different bodyparts.
    Maybe something like that, would help you as well?
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i am clumsy too. i had to have a medical 3 years ago and they wouldnt pass me because of my clumsiness. i drop things, i walk into things, that sort of stuff. they sent me to a neurologist as it could have something to do with the brain.

i was fine, they came to the conclusion that i was a careless person.

if you are worried about it then take a wee trip to the GP :)
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would go to my GP, but I don't tihnk they'd take me seriously. Plus I'd have to go to the hassle fo changing doctors because mines a pratt... I wont rant about her but basically I've always found her doubtful but my father told me she was an excellent doctor and then my doubts were confirmed when she wrong diagnosed someone very close to me as terminal and I recently found out that might not be the case.

they will take you seriously. i went to mine with the same complaint. they will take you very seriously if it is a new ailment that you have just noticed too.
  • Options
    It was a genuine question, because quite often people who suffer from dyspraxia suffer from dyslexia too.

When I first read I thought of dyspraxia, a couple of friends have it and it does make them very clumsy. Particularly under pressure or stress.

Dyspraxia can affect people of all ages, although quite often the symptoms are most pronounced during early years.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Maybe I'll give the doctors a go, i'm jsut worried he/she will say "your clumsy learn to live with it"

A good doctor won't do that. If the doctor you see does, go and see another one.